Call for Health Experts in Ghana
Abt Britain is seeking both short-term and long-term International Health experts for a Health System Strengthening programme in Ghana. We are looking for a range of expertise with proven experience in the following technical areas in Ghana or other West African countries, at the institutional level:
- Health Systems Strengthening
- Health Financing and Economics
- Health Service Quality Assurance
- Mental Health, Capacity Building
- Health Policy and Strategy Development
- Health Governance
Abt Britain is looking for experts with proven experience delivering health impacts in complex and challenging operational environments. Candidates will need to convey this impact through their applications and have clear examples to illustrate this impact. The individuals should also be value driven, in alignment with Abt Associates: being committed to excellence, mission-driven, global in their outlook, collaborative and holding themselves accountable through the work they do.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Degree qualified in a related field, preferably Masters
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills are required
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required
- Fluency in Twi and other Ghanaian languages is advantageous
General Professional Experience:
- Experience in Ghana working in health, with demonstrable impact
- Work experience liaising with and supporting the private sector, Ghana Health Service, Ministry of Health, Ghana Mental Health Authority, regional or international organisations and/or civil society organisations in Ghana
- Experience working for donors is essential, with a preference for experience with DFID
- Experience working in DFID priority countries is also advantageous
Please submit your CV and covering letter to email@example.com In your email please tell us about your technical and subject matter expertise so we can align capabilities to further our mission – to improve the quality of life and economic well-being of people worldwide.
We are looking for candidates who ideally are Ghanaian, have the right to reside, or reside in Ghana.
About the Organization
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.