Options is recruiting a Health Financing Advisor for the WISH2ACTION programme in Bangladesh. We’re seeking an experienced individual, who will be successfully leading the implementation of strategies to increase government investments in SRH in Bangladesh and contribute to the overall national ownership goals. S/he will work in close collaboration with national and local government counterparts, consortium partners, and enable us to achieve above and beyond key performance indicators.
DFID’s Women’s Integrated Sexual Health programme (WISH2ACTION) will provide approximately £132m to deliver integrated sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) services in 13 countries in Africa and 3 in Asia.
The WISH2ACTION programme builds on previous successful initiatives supported by DFID and others to expand sexual and reproductive health care services and support countries which have made FP2020 commitments to achieve them. The programme is expected to ensure that women are able to safely plan their pregnancies and improve their sexual and reproductive health, particularly the young and marginalised.
The programme will increase access to family planning and integrated sexual and reproductive health services for women, men and young people across Africa and Asia through a combination of: (i) rightsbased provision of private sector sexual and reproductive health information and services, and strengthening of public sector health information and services; (ii) addressing barriers to family planning uptake at individual, interpersonal, community and institutional level; and (iii) improving policies, government financing and commodity security to create an enabling environment for family planning and sexual and reproductive health and rights.
The Health Financing Lead is responsible for designing, leading and coordinating the implementation of strategies to increase government investments in SRH in Bangladesh and contribute to the overall national ownership goals. S/he works in close collaboration with national and local government counterparts, consortium partners, and is responsible for the achievement of the quarterly Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and logframe indicators relating to domestic financing for Bangladesh.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
To view the full Job Description and details on how to apply, please refer to our website: https://options.co.uk/jobs/health-financing-advisor
- At least a Master’s Degree in public health, health economics, health management or a related field.
- At least ten years’ work experience in a highly competitive and busy work environment, with significant experience in the provision of technical assistance for health.
- A solid understanding of Public Financial Management (PFM) including annual budget cycles, Medium Term Expenditure Frameworks (MTEFs) and the principles of transparency and accountability, particularly health budget tracking and advocacy.
- Considerable experience in leading the delivery of donor-funded programmes, particularly those funded by DFID.
- To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to Michael Cavanagh at firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should state the role (Bangladesh-E&A – WISH2ACTION) in the subject header.
- Closing date 28th December: Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is for guidance only. Applications will be screened upon receipt and this vacancy may be closed as soon as sufficient applicants have been received.
- Due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview. Interviews may be organised directly with shortlisted applicants on a rolling basis and the position may be filled before the closing date.
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including identification check, employment references, right to work verification, credit check and criminal record check (where appropriate).
About the Organization
Options Consultancy Services Limited was established in 1992 and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marie Stopes International. We are a consultancy organisation providing technical and management expertise in the health and social sectors to governments and international development partners to transform the health of women and children. We provide information, expertise and influence to governments, health workers, NGOs and businesses to catalyse change so that health services can be accessed by the people who need them most.