Health Financing and Financial Management Technical Lead
Palladium International, LLC is seeking a Health Financing and Financial Management Technical Lead for a potential upcoming Health Systems Strengthening project in Ghana. The Health Financing and Financial Management Technical Lead must have in depth technical expertise, experience, professional reputation, interpersonal skills, and professional relationships that demonstrate her or his ability to be a thought leader in their field. This is a full-time position based in Accra, Ghana.
- Build strong and effective working relationships with Government of Ghana and other development partners stakeholders working in health financing and financial management area.
- Provide technical guidance to develop health financing and financial management objectives, and indicators for key national programs and priorities.
- Provide technical leadership, facilitation, technical assistance, mentoring and coaching in the design and implementation of health financing activities, tailored to the specific needs and context in Ghana.
- Provide ongoing mentoring and coaching to in-country teams and local partners as they implement health financing focused activities.
- Lead design and implementation of workplan technical activities related to health financing and financial management.
- Stay abreast of key developments in health finance, budget advocacy, community-based health insurance, and resource allocation innovations and interventions in Ghana to inform technical activities under the Ghana HIS activity. This includes frequent interaction with the Government of Ghana stakeholders relevant to this area as well as multilateral partners and donor agencies
- Represent the project in the health financing related areas .
- Prepares financial protection and domestic resource mobilization analyses, recommendations, briefing notes, and assessments for internal and client use.
- Supervise staff and short-term consultants assigned to health financing activities.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Lead and manage staff professional development to build their capacity and strengthen competency and professional development.
- Provide training where necessary in areas of health financing and financial management.
- Conduct regular staff performance appraisals, monitoring progress and setting objectives: this is part of the organization’s performance management system and performance appraisal system.
- Demonstrated working experience in health finance and health economics in developing economies
- Experience in public financial management, public-private partnerships, or private sector engagement is desirable.
- Familiarity or experience with Ghanaian health system is a plus.
- Appropriate computer skills necessary to conduct research, and to conduct data analysis.
- Prior experience working with USAID-funded programs is not required but will be an added advantage.
- Strong analytical and computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, web-based research) – this includes data analytics.
- Ability to multi-task and keep track of concurrent activities and deadlines.
- Fluency in English required
- Strong written and oral communication skills for high-level policy audiences
- Must be willing to live and travel within Ghana.
About the Organization
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium develops and delivers innovative, locally relevant, evidence-based solutions to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. Since 1971, we have assisted governmental and non-governmental agencies, foundations, and the private sector by designing, implementing, and evaluating programs in HIV/AIDS, sexual and reproductive health, population and family planning, maternal and child health, infectious diseases, and gender. Palladium has deep expertise in policy and advocacy, research and strategic information, health markets and private sector engagement, modelling and economic analysis, patient monitoring and management/HMIS, strategic consulting, and program management.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran, or marital status.