Role & Responsibilities
Implement quality health services and contribute to the achievement of project objectives within the planned timescale and budget, for the areas of responsibility within the health project. Key aspects of the role include: building the capacity of the local health team by providing appropriate and relevant supervision, training and technical support; contributing to monitoring and reporting on project progress; and liaising with community leaders and partners as requested.
Medair is partnering with IOM to operate 3 health facilities within the Kutupalong Refugee Camp, providing access to lifesaving primary health care. Comprehensive curative and preventative services such as primary healthcare, SRH, nutrition screening, MHPSS, and SBCC is integrated into each health facility. The focus of the integrated health facilities are children under-five years of age and PLWs, who have the highest risk of illness and death. Due to the high risk of natural disasters such as cyclones, landslides and floods within the refugee camps, as well as disease outbreaks, Medair may be required to deploy to disaster affected areas or to be able to provide additional support if disease outbreaks occur. Take a look at Medair’s Health & Nutrition work.
Field based position in Court Bazar, Bangladesh. Take a look at Medair’s work in Bangladesh
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, 3-6months.
Key Activity Areas
- Responsible for the implementation, management, supervision and support of the projects in line with the activity plan and time frame of the project proposal and international guidelines.
- Provide daily leadership to health facility teams within the camp setting, providing oversight and supervision.
- Serve as the coordination link between the health facility teams and the health coordination sector.
- Ensure that regular monitoring and evaluation assessments are conducted both against project objectives and to ensure the quality of the programme, with reports being made to managers.
- Provide input into the integration of beneficiary participation and accountability in the project.
- Oversee the process of data collection, collation and dissemination to meet the requirements.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of activities for internal and external reports (e.g. monthly, quarterly and final reports) as required by Medair, HQ, sector, government and donors.
- Provide input into the development of the country strategy, new projects and/or donor proposals as.
- Provide supervision, coaching and training in order to develop staff personal and professional skills, knowledge and understanding.
- Complete the administrative aspects of managing teams of people, including scheduling, timesheet approval, holiday planning, objective setting and disciplinary procedures.
- Assist in the recruitment of personnel.
Financial & Logistics Management
- Contribute to the planning, construction and management of health budgets for the assigned health project(s) as requested.
- Coordinate and oversee petty cash payments ensuring all the correct paperwork is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Manage the correct and timely ordering of all necessary medicines, supplies and equipment, ensuring minimum stocks are maintained and items are distributed correctly.
Communication and Coordination
- Serve as the health sector communication and coordination focal point for assigned camps.
- Develop supportive communication structures within teams and to the beneficiary community.
- Coordinate with other Medair project teams on cross cutting issues
- Implement policies and standards relating to health service delivery including Sphere and HAP standards, etc.
- Participate as requested in Medair internal workshops and distance learning.
- Conduct regular support supervision sessions and training for staff.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work, live, and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Clinical degree or diploma (nurse, midwife paramedic, or doctor), or Public Health degree.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
Experience / Competencies
- 2 years’ post-qualification nursing / medical professional experience.
- Experience working on emergency response team, in A&E/ER, or prior training in mass casualty events.
- Able to develop and maintain effective relationships with colleagues, beneficiaries and local authorities.
- Good report writing and problem solving skills. Excellent organisational skills
- Able to prioritise, enforce procedures, set clear objectives and delegate.
- Committed to consultative and servant minded leadership.
Before you apply
Please ensure you are fully aware of the:
- Medair organisational values.
- Profiles sought for Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS).
- Medair Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC) (which forms part of the recruitment selection process for field positions).
- Benefits Package provided for Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS).
To apply, go to the ”Current Vacancies” page then:
- apply for this vacancy (or another position that matches your profile), or
- apply for a Medair ROC (where we can try and match your competencies to our vacancy needs).
Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed.
About the Organization
Medair is a humanitarian organisation inspired by Christian faith to relieve human suffering in some of the world’s most remote and devastated places. We bring relief and recovery to people in crisis, regardless of race, creed or nationality. As signatories of the Red Cross Code of Conduct, we believe that aid should be given to everyone who is in need, regardless of political, social or religious viewpoint. We save lives in emergencies and then stay to help people recover from crisis with dignity—working side by side with communities to leave a lasting impact. We provide a range of emergency relief and recovery services: health care and nutrition; safe water, sanitation, and hygiene; shelter and infrastructure.