DPS is seeking a Health Policy Advisor to assist CDC-Tanzania with the management of policy and communication issues, with an emphasis on maximizing the impact of both financial and technical resources; participate in three major domains of work within CDC-Tanzania: policy, coordination, and program management; and provide technical assistance and guidance to the USG health team on key health policy issues, including strategic direction for public health programming, sustainability, country ownership, and governance, as well as issues involving internal documentation and external outreach.Contractor employee will also provide expert analysis of critical health policy issues for CDCand USG and guide the design of policy alternatives to address these challenges.
- Assist the Country Director and Deputy Country Director, CDC-Tanzania, with strategic planning, overall programming decisions, and coordination of technical activities.
- Provide policy support and guidance for CDC-Tanzania operational issues, including transition planning, program strategy, and various HQ initiatives.
- Provide technical policy support and guidance to the interagency health team on transition strategy and annual country operational program preparation.
- Support CDC-Tanzania on other policy issues, as needed.
- Write reports, abstracts, articles, and policy briefs and make oral presentations to disseminate public health evaluation findings and to advocate for policy changes and the evolution of health system related programs in Tanzania.
- Travel to various locations in country to attend national working groups meetings, including those charged with developing strategic and operational plans and policies. As needed, provide technical input and/or written content to USG technical teams for national policy documents.
- Promote a cross-team, cross-program approach to public health, with an emphasis on integrated, sustainable solutions to critical problems.
- Participate in development of planning and execution of high-level visits by USG representatives.
Coordination and Advocacy:
- Develop standard operating procedures to improve communication and coordination within CDC-Tanzania to ensure consistency of messaging between CDC HQ and Field staff.
- Collaborate with CDC-Tanzania communications staff to develop and distributes a variety of internal and external communication (with various frequencies) using various methodologies and mediums.
- Support the grants management team with coordination, planning, and financial analysis.
- Provide guidance and strategy for CDC’s cooperative agreements and grants related to HHS, and serve in a supportive management role on projects related to quality improvement, surveillance, information systems, and research.
- Serve as the technical advisor for health systems and policy-related cooperative agreements.
- Engage health development partner, Fora, as appropriate to advance CDC/USG strategic objectives, including alignment with and leveraging of programmatic and technical resources
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Public Policy, or Public Administration
- At least five years of experience with public health program implementation and/or research with international experience in global health, particularly with PEPFAR.
- At least five years of experience in health policy, including education and training for health care workers, health systems financing, and health system governance.
- At least five years of experience in public health systems and programs at the facility, district and national levels, and an understanding of governmental efforts to decentralize and integrate health services, particularly in low-resource settings.
- At least fiveyears of experience in developing strategies to build human and institutional capacity of host country counterparts and systems, as well as analytical methods to evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of capacity building activities.
- At least three or more years of experience using Microsoft Office word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software; experience with GIS and/or statistical software.
- At least three or more yearsof experienceinoral and written communication skillsrelating to policy analysis, cross-cultural negotiation, and presentation of research findings.
- At least five years of experience working with US Government funding mechanisms and fiduciary requirements of partners and CDC program managers
About the Organization
Dexis Professional Services (DPS), a wholly-owned, independently operated business unit established in 2016 to provide support services to United States Government (USG) agencies that were previously provided by the parent company, Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis). Committed to excellence in institutional support and staff augmentation, DPS draws on the parent company’s 15+ years of experience fielding domestic and overseas technical, operational, professional and managerial staff for various USG clients.
DPS is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.