Palladium is looking for an experienced manager to take the role of Health Portfolio Leader driving the growth of Palladium’s health sector portfolio in the Europe, Middle-East and Africa region.
This includes providing technical support to current health projects, positioning and leading proposal development for new business development, and the management of a team of health professionals.
The role is perfect for an experienced health project manager, with a strong business development track record and technical experience in one or more of the following areas:
* Family planning and reproductive health
* Maternal, newborn and child health
* Health systems strengthening
* Monitoring and evaluation of health programmes
Lead in the planning and pursuit of relevant health bids and opportunities, including:
* Identifying and assembling the appropriate team to prepare technical and commercial proposals.
* Working with the team to gather intelligence related to bids.
* Developing and maintaining client relationships through interaction with clients at the technical level.
* Supporting the identification, assessment and pursuit of new business opportunities.
* Working with capture managers to identify partners and team selection.
* Contributing or lead on the preparation of technical and commercial proposals.
* Provide overall technical leadership for the design, planning and delivery of health projects and new business initiatives.
* Contribute to research, analysis and publication of technical studies, case studies and policy briefs for both internal knowledge management and wider dissemination.
* Deliver consultancy assignments and provide short-term inputs to health components of projects in other portfolios.
* Work with other parts of the Company to promote and build Palladium’s technical capacity and thought leadership in the health sector.
Project & Personnel Management
* Serve as Project Director for assigned health projects, interfacing with clients and other project stakeholders to plan, implement, review and report on projects as needed and requested.
* Provide inputs and overall quality assurance for work plans, budgets and financial reports.
* With the Operations team, liaise with partner organisations on the contractually compliant delivery of agreed inputs and achievement of agreed outputs and outcomes.
* Assist in the identification of project performance and contract issues and support their timely resolution.
* Keep abreast of political, social, economic and security developments in project countries and regions.
* Manage assigned direct reports, supporting their professional development and assuring the quality of their deliverables/assignments.
Education and experience:
* Master’s degree (or equivalent) in a relevant field.
* Extensive experience in leading or managing health projects, for a range of donors/clients, including substantive experience working on DFID-funded projects
* Substantial experience in working in a developing country or in a project based environment.
* Experience managing at least 3 successful major bids (including each of or a combination of structuring bid financials, team selection, drafting technical response and partner negotiations).
Key competencies and professional expertise
* Proven technical excellence in the health field
* Understanding of DFID programs and policy.
* Strong technical writing skills.
* Ability to conceptualize and write a bid proposal or project report.
* Sound business development and client relationship management skills.
* People management skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Financial acumen and the ability to interpret and analyse financial reports.
* Sound problem solving and decision making skills.
* Willingness to travel and work abroad a minimum of eight weeks per year in developing countries and elsewhere.
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.