The Health Procurement and Contract Adviser will be expected to work closely with other DFAT-funded advisers and other partners to the Ministry of Health, to ensure consistent, high quality advice to Ministry of Health. This includes the DFAT-funded Health Planning and Governance Adviser also placed in the Ministry of Health Corporate Services Division, DFAT-funded Procurement and Contract Management Adviser in CPU, and the World Bank Health Public Financial Management team.
Under the Kingdom of Tonga Public Procurement Regulations 2015, the Ministry of Health has responsibility for conducting procurements where the estimated contract value does not exceed TOP10,000. For procurements worth in excess of TOP 10,000 Ministry of Health is required to submit a procurement proposal to the Central Procurement Unit (CPU) in the Procurement Division of the Ministry of Finance and National Planning (MoFNP), which carries out the procurement process in cooperation with MoH. In these instances Ministry of Health plays a key role in evaluation of tenders, makes the recommendation for award, manages the resulting contract and assists with payments of suppliers. The Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) currently funds a Procurement and Contract Manager position located in the CPU that manages Australian funded procurements worth over TOP10,000.
You will be accountable to, and managed by Acting Deputy Director of Procurement and Contract Management
This role is expected to commence in late July for a period of 9 months.
- Support delivery of effective and cost efficient procurement processes within MoH, in accordance with relevant government frameworks
- Strengthen MoH procurement and contract management systems and capacity
- Report on progress as required by DFAT, MoH and PACTAM2
- Relevant tertiary qualification in procurement, supply chain management, project management or similar discipline
Skills, experience, knowledge
- Over 10 years of professional experience in the procurement of goods, works and services, and supply chain management, including experience in the health sector and knowledge of pharmaceutical/medical supplies procurement.
- Experience in building capacity including, training and mentoring, the building of frameworks, work cultures, policies, process and systems within an organisation to improve performance.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working communicate effectively with colleagues from different cultures.
- Demonstrated commitment to integrity, transparency and accountability and high standards of personal conduct.
- Strong organisational change management, relationship management and leadership skills
- Experience living and working in the Pacific or in a small island context.
- Remuneration in line with the ARF – C3
- Mobility allowances
- Flights, medicals, and insurance
- Pre-departure briefing and in-country orientation
- Ongoing assignment monitoring and support
Scope Global – Engaged in the present to develop the future Scope Global is a specialist project management company with people as the focus of its program delivery. We have a history of successfully managing projects in the international development and international education sectors.
The Pacific Technical Assistance Mechanism Phase 2 (PACTAM2) is an Australian Government initiative, funded through the Australian aid program and managed by Scope Global. It places highly skilled Advisers with Partner Governments in participating Pacific Island countries to build capacity and to meet identified human resource needs. If you are interested in other PACTAM2 opportunities and would like to receive updates, please register your interest.
Scope Global recruitment operates under equal employment opportunity principles and laws. We encourage appropriately qualified and experienced people to apply regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, physical ability or beliefs.
Applications will only be accepted via our online application system. For more detailed information on the position and to apply online, please visit http://www.scopeglobal.com/pactam2/
Applications close midnight ACST 6th June 2019. No late applications will be accepted.
In country interviews will be held during the week of 1st July 2019
For more information contact a member of our team at recruitment.PACTAM2@scopeglobal.com
About the Organization
Scope Global – People Focused Programs
Scope Global is a specialist project management company delivering international development and international education projects and programs throughout Asia and the Pacific. With over 25 years’ experience in managing people-focused programs on behalf of a wide range of clients, we offer extensive international experience and unique program management expertise and capabilities
For more information about Scope Global, please visit our website www.scopeglobal.com