*Post is advertised for Mongolian nationals only
The Global Fund is a financial mechanism for dispersing large-scale funding to countries in order to combat the spread of HIV/AIDS, malaria, and tuberculosis. Proposals for funding are made to the Global Fund through a Country Coordinating Mechanism, which as part its submission, identifies one or sometimes several Principal Recipients, which will receive and disburse funds for the disease program in the event that the proposal is successful. The Global Fund is represented in each country by a Local Fund Agent (LFA) which is responsible for: 1) assisting Global Fund during grant making by assessing workplan, budget, procurement plan and performance framework; 2) verifying program implementation; and 3) monitoring performance and impact.
As a Local Fund Agent for the Global Fund in Mongolia, Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. provides PR assessments, grant negotiations, verification of implementation services and performance and impact monitoring and other services that relate to the grants that are in place.
During implementation of the grants or PR assessments described above, the Global Fund will request the LFA to assess the grant recipient’s capacity to procure, manage and distribute pharmaceutical and other health products, review procurement plans, procurements of health products and pharmaceutical products already undertaken, pharmaceutical management systems, and more. The PSM Expert will be responsible for responding to the Global Fund’s requests as relates to PSM issues, including responsible for reviewing and assessing the PR and SRs selection, quantification, procurement, storage and distribution of pharmaceutical and other health products, in cooperation with the rest of the LFA team.
The PSM Expert, in order to provide accurate advice regarding implementation performance, may need to:
- Visit Principal Recipient, sub-recipients, and/or program sites to discuss and view implementation progress;
- Review Principal Recipient’s Fiscal Year Progress Report and provide advice on any findings relevant to program performance;
- Review any other reports that may be submitted by Principal Recipient and forward these to Cardno with relevant comments on performance related information; and
- Review any updated procurement plans submitted by a Principal Recipient, provide advice on the appropriateness and reasonableness of these plans
Qualifications and Experience:
- Advanced university degree in medical science, pharmacy, public health, or other related field
- Extensive experience with Procurement and Supply Management (PSM)
- Public Health expert with experience in HIV and TB programs at the national levels
- Fluent in oral and written Mongolian and strong English skills (all reports in English)
- Experience with and knowledge of the Global Fund
- Experience with medical laboratories
About the OrganizationCardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd., is part of Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division with international development assistance companies in Brisbane, Brussels, Jakarta, Melbourne, Nairobi, Oxford, Port Moresby, and Washington, DC. Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. was formerly Emerging Markets Group, Ltd. and brings nearly a 30-year history serving the objectives of bilateral and multilateral donors and private clients. The Emerging Markets Division brings together a broad range of experience and talent; a rich history of innovation, passion and commitment to international development and an established reputation for high quality demand and client driven services.
Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division manages more than $750 million in current contracts and grants, brings together over 90 years of collective experience, and engages over 3,700 professionals in more than 100 countries. Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division currently implements over 130 projects globally.
More Jobs from this Organization