Job Title: Health Program Manager
Reports To: Head of Programming
Country/Location: Monrovia, Liberia
Position open to Liberian Nationals Only
You will manage programming in the Country Program (CP) for Health, designing and implementing projects advancing Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work in serving the poor and vulnerable. Your management skills and knowledge will ensure that the CP delivers high-quality programming and continuously works towards improving the impact of its programming.
- Manage and implement all activities throughout relevant project cycles - project design, start-up, implementation and close-out - to ensure efficient and effective implementation in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices. Ensure project team and partner staff use the appropriate systems and tools.
- Champion learning with partner teams. Analyze and evaluate project performance data following CRS’ Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) policy.Proactively identify issues and concerns and use participatory processes to overcome implementation obstacles.
- Act as a key resource person in project design and proposal development in respective programming area, gap-filling and taking on growth responsibilities, as needed.
- Coordinate the identification of technical assistance needs of partner organizations and capacity strengthening and required interventions to support quality project implementation.
- Help identify, assess and strengthen partnerships relevant to Health applying appropriate application of partnership concepts, tools and approaches.
- Coordinate and monitor financial and material resources relevant to project needs. Through planning and oversight ensure efficient use of project resources
- Represent CRS at NGO, Ministry and donor meetings and strengthen our relationship with health actors in the country.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Public Health or in International Development with relevant experience in the field of Health Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant field-based experience in coordinating moderately complex projects required, preferably with an international NGO.
- Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Project management experience in Health is highly desirable.
- Experience engaging with partner organizations.
- Experience contributing to the development of technical proposals.
- MEAL skills and experience preferred.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment.
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to work effectively with culturally diverse groups.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to write reports
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Head of Programming, Regional Technical Advisor for Community Health and Nutrition, Regional Technical Advisor for Malaria and HSS, Business Development Specialist, Head of Operations, MEAL officer
External: CRS health partners (Christian Health Association of Liberia, National Catholic Health Council), Ministry of Health, other health NGO actors
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Trusting Relationships
- Professional Growth
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply early as shortlisting will occur on a rolling basis.
NOTE: THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO ONLY NATIONAL STAFF
Please send expressions of interest to the following email: LR_HR@global.crs.org
DEADLINE: 11 May, 2018