Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm with offices based in Washington, D.C. and abroad. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: health, finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, and evaluation and learning. Banyan Global has developed a unique technical niche in the healthcare field by adapting business and finance skills to working with the public, private, and not-for-profit sectors to achieve positive health outcomes in developing countries.
Banyan Global is seeking a Health Sector Liaison Consultant in Senegal to support USAID’s flagship initiative in private sector health.
The objective of this consultancy is to provide assistance to the Senior. The objective of this consultancy is to provide assistance in providing business and financial management training to private health providers in Senegal, and in supporting these providers in accessing credit.
- Identify private health providers needing capacity building in business or financial management and improved access to finance.
- Collaborate with professional associations and networks to extend program outreach.
- Collect data for monitoring and evaluation of growth and outcomes of supported health care businesses.
- Support the development and preparation of the training curricula.
- Plan and organize training for health sector providers.
- Develop communication and action plan for national roll-out of the training events;
- Along with the Senior Program Manager, facilitate training events.
- Manage logistics of the training (venue, training material, documents, etc.)
- Provide coaching and monitoring support to health sector providers as required.
- Develop and strengthen collaboration between all stakeholders in the health and financial sector.
- Senegalese Nationality
- Fluency in both French and English
- Five or more years of experience working with health providers
- Experience designing and facilitating trainings
- Strong negotiation and communications skills
- Familiarity with business and financial management is a plus
- Experience working on USAID and/or other international donor-funded development programs
About the Organization
Banyan Global is a development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches to international development. The firm has offices in Washington, DC and New York City and staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within five practice areas: gender, health, microfinance, financial sector development, and enterprise development.