CMMB is looking for strong candidates with experience in multilevel health system strengthening for increased coverage of quality primary and referral health services with a focus on expansion of quality services for primary health care (PHC), focused maternal, newborn, and child health, child spacing, and nutrition. The Health Systems Strengthening Advisor will report to the Program Manager. S/he will be responsible for overall technical leadership and guidance for developing and implementing a broad health system strengthening framework to improve organization and delivery of health services at all levels.
- Provide technical leadership and oversight for the design and implementation of a health system strengthening framework at community, primary health facility, and referral levels.
- Build overall technical and operational capacity of project managers, county leadership, and technical teams in areas including strengthening/management of human resources for health, HMIS, supply chain, and referral systems.
- Provide technical support to CMMB project managers and county coordinators on strategic and operational planning, and program planning.
- Ensure effective planning, coordination, execution, and monitoring and evaluation of strategic and operational plans at state, county, payam, and boma levels.
- Develop and maintain intersectoral collaborations for the effective delivery of the BPHNS at community, primary health facility, and referral levels.
- Manage and ensure strong collaboration with other technical advisors, and use routine data to ensure synergy and responsiveness of health system interventions.
- Document project results and impact in various forms, including media stories, lessons learned, case studies, client satisfaction, etc.
- Degree in public health, health economics, public policy, or a related field.
- Five to seven years of relevant experience in health systems strengthening; at least 3 years of first-hand experience in strengthening health services, health provider training and capacity building, performance improvement, or supervision in a developing country.
- Demonstrated knowledge of one or more of the following areas: emergency obstetric care, neonatal care, PMTCT, MNCH, child spacing, WASH, nutrition and providing technical support to government officials in health service delivery and systems management.
- Experience working with health financing, service delivery, and/or understanding of supply chain management issues and challenges in South Sudan or similar settings.
- Knowledge of challenges faced by the South Sudan Ministry of Health pertaining to health financing, human resources for health and institutional capacity building, cost analysis, and efficiency indicators for health care.
- Familiarity with project indicators, quantitative and qualitative data to monitor overall project performance.
- Experience working on a USAID/DFID-funded health project.
- Excellent verbal and written communications and presentation skills.
- Computer literacy, particularly in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
About the Organization
CMMB is a leading faith-based NGO focused exclusively on global health care for the world’s poor, by building healthy, sustainable communities through community engagement and partnerships. Now entering its second century, CMMB is committed to integrating and focusing its programming around saving the lives of children and mothers by concentrating on leading causes of mortality in targeted communities.
Building around a new CHAMPS (CHildren And Mother PartnershipS) model, CMMB will work at both the community and clinical levels in these targeted communities to strengthen health services and address the leading causes of maternal and child death. In addition, CMMB will expand its volunteer program to provide medical and business expertise for community development, and will engage with the pharmaceutical industry to help meet the needs of CHAMPS communities and in other areas of need.