Devex is assisting an international consulting firm dedicated to development.
Promoting the Quality of Medicines (PQM) is a USAID-funded program aimed at strengthening medicines quality assurance systems to sustainably ensure the quality and safety of medical products and protect public health. This is accomplished by strengthening medicines quality assurance and quality control systems focusing on the production, distribution, and inspection of local and international pharmaceutical manufacturers.
- Review of background documents and preparation work
- Attend team planning meetings and in-brief with USAID
- Support the development of the work plan and data collection tools, including pre-testing and revisions
- Conduct information and data collection activities in Abuja and several zones for field data collection
- Support the development of the evaluation report, and preparation and presentation of preliminary findings
- Conduct exit brief and development of report outline
- Support the development of the final evaluation report, in consideration and inclusion of USAID’s feedback
- Evaluation work plan
- Evaluation design (protocols)
- In-briefing upon arrival in Abuja, mid-term updates, and final exit briefing
- Draft evaluation report
- Final evaluation report with final PowerPoint presentation according to specified template
- At least ten years’ experience working with the Nigeria health system, specifically on
- programmatic or policy issues related to the quality and production of medicines.
- Relevant experience in public health
- Familiarity with NAFDAC and its functions within the Nigeria health system
- Familiarity with USAID’s evaluation policies and guidance included in the USAID Automated
- Directive System (ADS) in Chapter 200
- Strong technical/evaluation report writing and communication/presentation skills
- Proficient and native-level fluency in English
About the Organization
The organization is an international consulting firm and small business dedicated to the development, with over 30 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to the government, the private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. The organization data-driven organization that specializes in informing policy making by delivering focused data-driven evidence-based analysis products and services. The organization’s core practice areas include Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.