Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a federal German enterprise and supports the German Government to achieve its policy objectives in international cooperation and sustainable development. The department International Services is an integral part of GIZ and provides its services to international clients such as the EU, bi- and multilateral organizations, national governments as well as private sector companies.
Currently, GIZ International Services is preparing to bid for the EIB-funded Technical Assistance to the “African Health Diagnostics Platform” (ADHP)
The objective of the AHDP platform is to contribute to the improvement of the health of the population of the target Sub-Saharan countries through timely, cost effective, quality diagnostics for low income populations. The purpose of this TA operation is to support the preparation, implementation and subsequent monitoring of the AHDP projects.
The results of the project will be high quality deliverables to be used for the preparation, implementation and subsequent monitoring of the AHDP projects.
Specific results will include pre-feasibility studies, feasibility studies and financial affordability analysis, detailed designs, budget and financing plans, tender documents, and other technical assistance studies and services.
Moreover, the transfer of know-how in project development, project management and financing techniques to the Promoters, to enhance talents and skills of local human resources within government institutions also constitutes one of the results of this TA.
Qualification and skills
- Master’s degree or equivalent academic degree in a relevant discipline such as health economics, health policy, or health systems.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Working level knowledge of French.
General professional experience
- At least 15 years of relevant experience in healthsystems, preferably within the development context.
- Experience in francophone Sub-Saharan African countries would constitute an advantage
Specific professional experience
- 5 years professional experience inpreparation and implementation of investment projectsincluding procurementand consideration of legal framework
- Evidence of the following pre-requisite skills as demonstrated through the implementation of at least 3 projects, out of which 1 should be done in the last 3 years:
-Specific knowledge of Sub-SaharanAfrican healthcare markets and public sector work practices and culture.
-Demonstrated direct negotiationexperience with Sub-Saharan African ministries of Finance and Health.
-Experience in building and executingfinancial and partnership structures.
-Experience ofhealth investment projects preparation and implementation requirements, including adherence to relevant guidelines and legislation such as procurement, environmental and social policies.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
For further information about the position, please see the following link: