Help Desk/ User Support Technician
At AMIDEAST we pride ourselves in being a leading American non-profit organization engaged in international education, training and development activities in the Middle East and North Africa. We also pride ourselves in providing 40+ days of paid leave and a great 401k with 6% matching.
The Help Desk/ User Support Technician is responsible for the reliable, smooth functioning of user equipment; both hardware and software to facilitate the work of AMIDEAST’s personnel.
Responsibilities of the IT Specialist include, but are not limited to the following:
- Installing software or hardware, maintaining and repairing equipment, and conducting preventative maintenance and updates
- Troubleshooting and resolve different computer issues, determining and installing appropriate security measures, and configuring user computers, networks, and other equipment
- Conducting user orientation and assist with training, providing technical support on-site or via phone or email, assisting with conference room preparations for AMIDEAST events
- Coordinating with support vendors to report/resolve problems, assisting with implementing IT policies and procedures, writing and updating technical documentation
- Maintaining user equipment inventory and helping with administrative tasks such as procurement, shipping, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, written, editing and communication skills, and customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and independently and as a team player
- Ability to conduct incident analysis and troubleshooting with a strong attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows OS (Windows 7 and Windows 10) and Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency in providing desktop support and applications troubleshooting with good knowledge of file server sharing and security and familiarity with Microsoft Windows Server is a plus
- Bachelor’s or Technical Degree in Computer Science or Telecommunications
- Must have flexibility regarding working hours, when needed and a minimum of one year experience in a similar position
- Microsoft Certifications preferred: MCSA, A+, Network+
Please provide a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to http://jobs.amideast.org
AMIDEAST is an Equal Opportunity Employer-Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
About the Organization
AMIDEAST is a leading American non-profit organization engaged in international education, training and development activities in the Middle East and North Africa.
Founded in 1951, AMIDEAST in its early years focused on promoting U.S. study to students in the MENA region and managing U.S. scholarships and exchanges such as the flagship Fulbright Foreign Student Program. While these important programs continue apace, our work has expanded significantly.
Today AMIDEAST programs and services touch the lives of half a million individuals a year – improving educational opportunities and quality, strengthening local institutions, and developing language and professional skills critical for success in the global economy.