SPARK is interested in conducting an external mid-term evaluation of its Higher Education for Syrians (HES) programme.
For details about the specifics of this evaluation assignment, please find its full Terms of Reference here.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
The responsibilities and tasks of this consultancy assignment include, but are not limited to:
- Physical and online meetings with SPARK HES and HQ staff;
- Desktop review of existing HES documentation;
- Development of evaluation inception report;
- Focus group discussions with HES students in Turkey and Lebanon;
- Interviews with HES partner university staff members and other stakeholders in Turkey and Lebanon;
- (online) Interviews with HES donors;
- Analysis of gathered data through desktop review, focus group discussions and interviews;
- Presentation of preliminary findings to SPARK HES Regional Programme Manager and
- Monitoring & Evaluation team;
- Development of draft evaluation report and submission to SPARK HES Regional
- Programme Manager and Monitoring & Evaluation team;
- Processing of feedback on draft report from SPARK HES staff and Monitoring & Evaluation team;
- Finalisation of evaluation report and submission to SPARK HES Regional Programme Manager and Monitoring & Evaluation team;
- Presentation of key findings of the evaluation in workshop organised by HES staff.
The evaluator(s) should be (a team of) experienced and independent consultant(s), freelance or from a consultancy organisation, with at least the following expertise:
- Advanced university degree in Higher Education, International Development, Social Sciences or any other related field;
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in OECD/DAC evaluation standards and results-based management evaluations, as well as participatory monitoring and evaluation methodologies;
- Working knowledge of the higher education sector will be considered an advantage;
- Working knowledge of international donors;
- Experience with student services, civic leadership or economic empowerment interventions will be considered an advantage;
- Demonstrated and strong analytical, communication and report writing skills;
- Proficiency in English;
- Proficiency in Arabic will be considered an advantage.
How to apply?
Please apply for this assignment through https://vacancy.spark-online.org/
The deadline for applications is the 26th August 2018.
All applications should include the following:
- Cover letter (maximum 1 page) stating the candidate(s) availability during the months of September and October 2018;
- CV(s) of all evaluation-team members, including three references with contact details;
- Technical proposal, which should include:
- Understanding of the evaluation’s ToR.
- Draft work plan including a detailed time schedule.
- Financial Proposal: Which should include consultancy fees that include VAT and logistical costs, with a breakdown of days*fees per deliverable.
All applications will be assessed on rolling basis; interviews can therefore take place before the application deadline. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant individually. There may be a delay between the application deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.
If you have not received a reply we regret to inform that we have continued with other candidates.
Please note that incomplete applications, without a technical proposal will not be considered.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, please contact SPARK Monitoring, Reporting and Quality Coordinator Nikolaos Koufos at email@example.com at +31207530311.
About the Organization
SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship to empower young, ambitious people to lead their fragile and conflict-affected societies into prosperity. SPARK is a dynamic and growing, international not-for-profit development organisation with 100+ staff members, in more than 14 offices around the world. SPARK supports refugees in the Middle-East by providing them with scholarships in universities and higher education institutions in the region. SPARK also supports young entrepreneurs in fragile states, to start or grow their own businesses.