Cardno is an ASX listed professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world.
Cardno has been engaged to provide a facility management team to manage the Solomon Islands Resource Facility (SIRF) operations to ensure effective service delivery, including:
- Conducting procurement and contract management of technical assistance and supporting performance management.
- Providing support services for Australian Government’s deployees and technical advisers; and
- Undertaking financial management and reporting including monitoring and evaluation of the Facility.
The Facility is a critical source of operational support to DFAT, deployees and Technical Advisers (TA) as they attempt to navigate a shifting operating context, consolidate previous achievements while also prioritising new ways of working to ensure Australia’s assistance better achieves service delivery impact.
The Solomon Islands Justice Program is supported by SIRF and the successful candidate will be recruited through SIRF.
In this role you will (including but not limited to):
- Improve case-flow management, including tracking of cases to ensure effective and timely management and disposal;
- Increase understanding and application of relevant procedural requirements and practice directions amongst court officers;
- Improve tracking and reporting data on key indicators; and
- Increase independence of counterparts over time.
- The adviser will also strengthen organizational and institutional capacity.
The Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria can be found here: Terms of Reference.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in justice or a relevant area.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in court administration, case management and/or management of courts.
- Demonstrated high level skills in building the capacity of a team, including mentoring, coaching and further professional development.
- Experience developing approaches to improve access to justice for communities especially women and children.
- Demonstrated ability to build a culture of problem solving and partnership with court officials and the community.
- Experience successfully developing, implementing and monitoring court systems which are valued by users and decision makers.
- Demonstrated commitment to gender equity and disability inclusion issues in planning, practices and in support of service delivery.
- A sound (or the capacity to quickly acquire) an understanding of Solomon Islands or Pacific development context.
Duration: 1 year with possible extension.
This position will be remunerated in line with the Australian Government’s Adviser Remuneration Framework and will be offered at a level commensurate of the successful candidates experience relevant to the role, within the following classification Discipline Group C, Job Level 4.
How to apply
To apply for this position please click the “apply” button below. Your application must include the following:
- Your CV; and
- Completed application form in lieu of a cover letter (Application Form)
For any enquiries about this position, please contact recruitment[@]sirf.com.sb quoting “SIRF - High Court and National Judiciary Adviser” in your email subject line.
23.59pm, Sunday 12 August 2018 (local time)
Cardno is committed to child protection and safeguarding the welfare of children in the delivery of our international development programs. Recruitment and selection procedures reflect this commitment and may include relevant criminal record checks.
Cardno is an equal opportunity employer.
About the Organization
Cardno has a 40-year history of working in partnership with developing countries to deliver solutions for sustainable development. Through the expertise of professionals operating in more than 100 countries, we investigate the causes of poverty and focus on improving the physical, economic and social infrastructure that sustains communities.