Akesis (akesishealth.org) was established in 2000 as a result of the pioneering efforts of its founders in implementing one of the first antiretroviral treatment programs in Africa. Formerly known as the Axios Foundation, Akesis has worked over the last 20 years to strengthen health systems and access to healthcare in more than 35 countries around the world. Akesis believes in strengthening existing infrastructure, systems and human resources in close collaboration with those who will ultimately benefit from these efforts.
Akesis is a subcontractor on the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program, a collection of eight complementary projects working to achieve stronger, more resilient health supply chains that ensure an uninterrupted stream of quality health products and services for millions of people worldwide. A key public health objective of the Program is the development of an effective data capture, management, reporting and visibility process on ARVs and other HIV/AIDS drugs and commodities supplied.
We are seeking a short-term consultant to assist the HIV/AIDS Task Order Team, part of the Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project, with outcome analysis. The outcome analyst will serve as a technical resource for the HIV Task Order through assisting with activities related to outcome analysis for HIV/AIDS supply chain, HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment programs, and Health System Strengthening.
The consultancy may be based in Washington, D.C. or conducted remotely based on an EST schedule, and the anticipated duration of the assignment is November 2020 to April 2021; up to 120 days LOE. The consultant will report to the Deputy Director HIV/AIDS.
The consultant will be responsible for the following:
- Review existing data sets, visualization tools, and results framework
- Support the internal team in the identification of highly relevant, high priority outcome-related research questions that can be answered with existing data
- Assist with identifying or selecting up to two special studies designed to strengthen data visibility of HIV commodities managed by the Project.
- Support the design of the analysis plan
- Work closely with internal teams on the preparation and analysis, conducting analyses as needed
- Support the interpretation of results and the drafting of a two-page summary of the findings
- Qualifications of Consultant
- Master’s degree in public health, international development, or related field, PhD preferred
- At least 4 years of experience with international public health, HIV/AIDS experience strongly preferred
- Experience managing and analyzing data, facilitating interpretation of results, and drafting reports
- Experience with PEPFAR MER and DATIM
- Experience with facility and patient level data
- Experience with USAID-funded programs preferred
- Ability to work in a team
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility and integrity
- Strong written English skills required
1. A list of highly relevant, high priority research questions, identifying key outcome measures from existing data sets and brief recommendations for analysis. This can be in the form of a matrix/table.
2. An analysis plan for the special study(ies) identified by consultant and internal teammates
3. All tables and graphs produced by the consultant during the analysis phase
4. Draft report(s)