Chemonics seeks an HIV clinical services technical director for the anticipated USAID eSwatini Attain & Sustain 95-95-95, Prevent New Infections and Reach All Populations for Epidemic Control (ASPIRE) based in the Kingdom of eSwatini. The purpose of ASPIRE is to reduce HIV incidence and AIDS-related mortality and support the UNAIDS 95-95-95 fast-track target. This will be achieved through increasing access to and usage of quality comprehensive HIV services, increasing the uptake of biomedical HIV prevention services and integrated sexual and reproductive health services, and building the Ministry of Health’s capacity to provide strategic oversight and stewardship. The HIV clinical services technical director will oversee clinical leadership and expertise in the development and implementation of program activities, supervising service delivery at all program levels. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide leadership and support the chief of party with clinical and technical direction to reduce HIV incidences and AIDS-related mortality by increasing access to and the use of treatment and prevention services for all populations, as well as by strengthening Ministry of Health governance
- Supervise clinical teams, technical specialists, and staff while working closely with other project staff and Chemonics home office staff
- Ensure the technical soundness and appropriateness of all project assistance and clinical service delivery
- Oversee clinical work planning, performance management, and care continuum linkages
- Identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner and appropriate program adjustments
- A medical or master’s degree in public health or a related field
- At least five years of recent, demonstrated experience in HIV clinical service delivery programming
- At least 10 years of experience in HIV technical activities in the context of a developing country, with at least five in sub-Saharan Africa
- Strong ability to collaborate and build partnerships with host country governments, U.S. government agencies, donor agencies, and international organizations
- USAID experience preferred
- Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Please apply through https://ghdrecruit.formstack.com/forms/eswatini_aspire. Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the positions are filled. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/EU-Recruiting-Data-Privacy-Notice-12.2018.pdf
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.