The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) has contracted Social Solutions International, Inc. (Social Solutions) to recruit and hire qualified individuals for the following position:
The Office of HIV/AIDS (OHA) is the center of HIV/AIDS technical leadership for the Agency and has primary responsibility for the Agency’s HIV/AIDS program. OHA provides strategic direction, technical leadership, and support to field programs in HIV and AIDS. It provides input to decisions concerning the strategic allocation of financial and human resources in the sector and assists in designing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating programs. This entails:
- Ensuring the technical integrity of Agency and Mission strategies.
- Providing global technical leadership on the full range of issues related to HIV/AIDS prevention, care, and treatment.
- Managing numerous research and field support programs.
- Monitoring and reporting on the impact of the Agency’s HIV/AIDS program.
The Supply Chain for Health (SCH) Division provides strategic and technical leadership on supply chain issues to ensure adequate quantity and quality of essential commodities for people affected by HIV/AIDS and related infections. SCH is responsible for managing the largest public health supply chain in the world. Specifically, the Division is responsible for.
- Operating a sustainable central procurement operation and managing the supply chain for HIV/AIDS commodities. This includes procuring and distributing pharmaceuticals and other commodities needed to provide care and treatment of persons with HIV/AIDS and related infections.
- Providing technical support and leadership to USAID Missions in strengthening partner country capacity to ensure a safe, secure, reliable, and sustainable supply chain system.
- Providing technical assistance to support country and regional supply chain programs.
- Coordinating with other US Government agencies, international organizations, and donors to provide global leadership on supply chain issues.
- Providing rapid response in emergency situations and potential stock-outs.
- Tracking and reporting the HIV/AIDS Working Capital Fund.
- Administering the Agency Antiretroviral and Rapid Test Kit approval lists.
- Administering the “restricted commodities” approval of pharmaceuticals and “clearance” authority on source-origin waivers under Agency regulations.
The Market Intelligence Advisor is a critical member of the SCH team and will play an important role in ensuring that the US Government’s investments in the fight against HIV/AIDS are being used effectively and efficiently. SCH leadership will be looking to the Advisor to quickly begin to add value in the following roles and responsibilities:
1. Serve as an expert in market intelligence on HIV and other global health commodities.
2. Conduct market intelligence assessments, prioritize products’ risk management, and explore means to achieve cost savings.
3. Develop and provide advice on SCH market shaping and commodity sourcing strategies.
4. Collaborate with USAID Missions and offices and other PEPFAR agencies in order to assess market intelligence needs and actions.
5. Participate in technical practice and/or working group of relevance to areas of interest and/or procurement and supply chain management; shares information and best practices learned.
6. Participate in initiatives to drive innovation.
7. Participate in specific projects and activities.
8. Establish and maintain close working relationships, providing expert technical advice, recommendations and presentation on SCH matters to senior staff and relevant USAID operating units, implementing partners, the Office of the Global AIDS Coordinator, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, US Department of Health and Human Services, and other agencies involved with HIV/AIDS activities.
9. Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree and 9+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience, or Bachelor’s and 11 years of relevant experience in supply chain management.
- Demonstrated experience in market intelligence, preferably in health commodities.
- High level of judgment, maturity, ingenuity and originality.
- Ability to work independently with light supervision.
- Ability to recognize areas for improvement and willingness to learn.
- Ability to identify or potential risks and make informed decisions on how to manage risk.
- Fosters and demonstrates a workplace inclusive of creating opportunity, serving others, building trust, innovation, and exceeding expectations.
- Ability to work within diverse teams.
- Strong interpersonal communication and excellent oral presentation and writing skills.
- Ability to speak French is desirable.
- Willingness to travel frequently to developing countries.
- U.S. citizenship or permanent residency required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a FAC level clearance.
About the Organization
Social Solutions International, Inc. is a woman and minority-owned company. Social Solutions emphasizes quality research and evaluation, training and technical assistance, and institutional support services. We are a mission-driven organization that believes that superior science can improve the world. Social Solutions is dedicated to the creation of social and health solutions to improve the welfare of underserved populations worldwide.