International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: HMIS Senior Advisor
Reports To: Deputy Chief of Party
Type: Regular Full-Time
Overview: IBTCI seeks a HMIS Senior Advisor for USAID’s Supporting the Electronic Health Information Systems (eHIS) in Ethiopia to Improve Health Outcomes Activity. The purpose of this activity is to 1) support the digitalization, integration and scale-up of priority health information systems at all levels, 2) work with the Government of Ethiopia (GoE) to improve use of data to inform health planning, performance management, and delivery decisions across the health systems, 3) improve effective transfer of knowledge and skills to the GoE and build the capacity of the Ministry of Health (MoH) to facilitate adoption of identified best practices, and 4) collaborate with other donors and various stakeholders within GoE to increase commitment by global stakeholders to align and invest in integrated health information systems and tools, strengthen data use, and health workforce capacity. The HMIS Senior Advisor will refer to the DCOP in activity implementation and management. The expert technical advice provided will be used by the COP to support the technical assistance, and political direction provided by the activity to key government and non-government partners.
This position is contingent upon project award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical, strategic and programmatic advice and direction for the development and implementation of HMIS aspects of the activity, for optimizing the generation, identification, collection, processing, storage, and dissemination of quality data and strategic information.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of performing data maintenance
- Previous experience in database management and design
- Knowledge of public health context in Ethiopia
- At least 8 years of experience in working with information systems management and design in the health field for USG-funded projects or other internationally funded programs
- At least 4 years of experience at a managerial or advisor level, providing guidance and supervision in implementation of strategies or methods
- USAID experience preferable
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English, including evidence of quality report writing and presentations. Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with quality products
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
Education: A Master’s degree in information science, data science, public health statistics, health informatics, or a related field.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel required.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.