Assignment Title: Education Sector Specialist
Technical Point of Contact: Project Director
IBTCI is currently seeking an Education Specialist for the USAID Honduras Reading Activity. The goal of this project is to evaluate the impact and performance of the HRA (Honduras Reading Activity), specifically the extent to which the activity improved reading performance.
The education specialist will work with the team leader to provide local education context for the Activity.
Scope of Work:
- Work with the team leader to provide the planning necessary for performance of the contract within the Honduran context.
- Oversight, quality control and general technical support of various services and deliverables.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to directly communicate with IBTCI clients.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to have decision making authority on final work product.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team work;
- Prior experience on similar projects with USAID or other multilateral donors is preferred
- Ability to work with various counterparts, implementing partners, and host country government stakeholders.
- Six years’ experience in teacher training and evaluation;
- Familiarity with the Honduran basic education system;
- Ability to travel to remote and challenging areas to conduct evaluation activities and provide technical expertise;
- Oral and written fluency in Spanish and professional fluency in English required.
- Advanced degree (minimum Master’s) in evaluation or related field with an emphasis on education evaluation, policy and planning.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Intermittent travel to Honduras will be required and may include travel to fragile or conflict prone zones.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.