The Palladium Group is recruiting a Technical Advisor as a mid-level specialist in private health sector to support implementation of the USAID-funded Health Policy Plus (HP+) project activities in Indonesia. This position is based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
The HP+ portfolio in Indonesia includes supporting the Government of Indonesia to develop an implementation guide for non-infrastructure public-private partnerships in health, as well as to engage private sector and mobilize financing and private sector-led initiatives in maternal and newborn health. The Private Sector Technical Advisor will work with the DC- and Jakarta-based HP+ team to ensure consistent progress in workplan activities with the aim to deliver products in a timely manner, provide high-level technical assistance to the Government of Indonesia, assist in designing and carrying out quantitative analyses, write reports and technical briefs to inform relevant audiences, and hold meetings and workshops with key stakeholders. The candidate will be required to liaise with USAID/Indonesia, Government of Indonesia, Palladium in-country and headquarters staff, and other stakeholders on a routine basis in coordination with the Country Representative.
* Implement private sector activities within the HP+ Indonesia program, ensuring timely completion of workplan deliverables.
* Inform, guide, and/or advise the Government of Indonesia counterparts on public-private partnership mechanisms in health.
* Assess, identify, and engage private sector stakeholders.
* Develop business cases and investment due diligence, including by performing financial and other analyses on the private sector investment opportunity in health.
* Collect relevant data, analyze, and develop products including technical reports, policy briefs, and powerpoint presentations.
* Participates in and/or prepares necessary technical and program-related reports.
* Liaises with government counterparts, USAID, and other key stakeholders, as needed, to ensure smooth project implementation.
* Participates, and represents the organization, as needed, in outside associations, conferences, and symposia.
* Masters in Economics, Biostatistics, Public Policy, Public Health, International Development, or Business with at least 8 years of direct post-graduation hands-on experience in health in developing countries.
* Demonstrated knowledge around private health sector, public-private partnerships, and private investments in health.
* Experience brokering public-private partnerships or private investments in health, highly desirable.
* Strong program management skills.
* Strong interpersonal, writing, presentation, and organizational skills.
* USAID project experience strongly desirable.
* Experience working internationally. Experience in Southeast Asia is highly desirable.
* Demonstrated problem solving, analytic, financial, and evaluative skills.
* Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities often within a required timeframe.
* Ability to work with numerous stakeholders with varying priorities and work styles, while achieving the overall project goals.
* Professional and mature demeanor and conduct.
* Ability to respond and adapt quickly to changing requirements and competing demands.
* Ability to take initiative and/or respond independently to situations.
* Ability to be based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
* Fluent written and spoken English.
* Regularly required to stand or sit, and move about the facility
* Usual office working conditions free of disagreeable elements.
All applications for this position should be submitted online at http://www.thepalladiumgroup.com/work/jobs . The Palladium Group provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status. About Us
Palladium is a leader in developing and delivering positive impact. Our solutions transform lives, businesses, communities, society and economies, creating enduring value.