Palladium is recruiting a Technical Advisor as a mid-level specialist in health economics to support implementation of the USAID-funded Health Policy Plus (HP+) project activities in Indonesia. This position is based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
The HP+ portfolio in Indonesia includes supporting the Government of Indonesia in conducting economic analysis in the era of JKN and recommend health financing policy changes for a more efficient and quality care. Notably, HP+ is working to improve policies around maternal and newborn health (MNH) and HIV financing, by better aligning with and/or integrating with JKN so that the Government of Indonesia can more strategically purchase for these services. The Health Economics Technical Advisor will be responsible for working with the Ministry of Health and other key stakeholders to conduct health economic analyses including costing, fiscal space analysis, and resource needs modeling, with the aim to develop policy recommendations and mobilize stakeholders to implement those policy changes in sustainable financing for health.
The Health Economics Technical Advisor will work with the DC- and Jakarta-based HP+ team to ensure consistent progress in workplan activities with the aim to deliver products in a timely manner, provide high-level technical assistance to the Government of Indonesia, assist in designing and carrying out economic analyses, write reports and technical briefs to inform relevant audiences, and hold meetings and workshops with key stakeholders. The candidate will be required to liaise with USAID/Indonesia, Government of Indonesia, Palladium in-country and headquarters staff, and other stakeholders on a routine basis in coordination with the Country Director.
* Implement health financing and economics activities within the HP+ Indonesia program, ensuring timely completion of workplan deliverables.
* Inform, guide, and/or advise the Government of Indonesia counterparts on health financing and economics, including costing to estimate the resource needs for health priorities, understanding the resource envelope for health, strategic purchasing of priority health areas, and projecting the return on investment in health.
* Develop strong working relationships with a variety of stakeholders across the public sector and the academia to gather necessary data, solicit input to the analysis and policy recommendation, and mobilize them towards policy implementation.
* Lead the data collection from relevant government stakeholders, compile, clean, analyze, and interpret it to develop products including technical reports, policy briefs, and powerpoint presentations.
* Participates in and/or prepares necessary technical and program-related reports.
* Liaise with government counterparts, USAID, and other key stakeholders, as needed, to ensure smooth project implementation.
* Participates, and represents the organization, as needed, in outside associations, conferences, and symposia.
* Masters in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Public Policy, Public Health, or Business, with at least 8 years of direct post-graduation hands-on experience in health in Indonesia.
* Demonstrated knowledge of Indonesian health systems, financing, and economics, especially around the policies, regulations, implementation mechanisms, and challenges around JKN.
* Experience leading economic analyses such as costing, fiscal space analysis, financial gap analysis, financial modeling, including gathering necessary data from relevant government entities, developing and executing analytical plans, and formulating policy recommendations for a high-level audience.
* Fluency in Excel required. Statistical software modeling experience, desirable.
* Demonstrated problem solving, analytic, financial, and evaluative skills.
* Strong program management skills. Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities often within a required timeframe.
* Strong interpersonal, writing, presentation, and organizational skills.
* USAID project experience strongly desirable.
* Professional and mature demeanor and conduct.
* Ability to respond and adapt quickly to changing requirements and competing demands.
* Ability to take initiative and/or respond independently to situations.
* Fluent written and spoken Bahasa and English.
* Regularly required to stand or sit, and move about the facility
* Usual office working conditions free of disagreeable elements.
All applications for this position should be submitted online at http://www.thepalladiumgroup.com/work/jobs . The Palladium Group provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Palladium is a leader in developing and delivering positive impact. Our solutions transform lives, businesses, communities, society and economies, creating enduring value.