Blumont is actively recruiting for a Project Associate. This position provides HQ based leadership and oversight to support the scope of the DFID BRACED Program technical activities. Working closely with the Project Director and field team, the HQ Project Associate reports to the Assistant VP for Blumont International, and communicates regularly with partners, government agencies, and provides communications and recruitment support. In coordination with the BRACED Program Director, the Project Associate coordinates HQ support to the Braced Program technical and administrative programming including component activity budget reviews, primavera P6 updates and monitoring, annual work plan and donor reporting.
- Participates in regular HQ led department management meetings and represent Braced at division management and operations meetings.
- Assist with implementation of company-wide systems initiatives including Success Factors, Open Text, Primavera6, budget and financial management reporting, and risk management.
- Identifies management and administration needs that are not being addressed by current HQ program support; provides follow up and follow through for HQ based project implementation actions; working closely with the BRACED Program Director and senior field team, serve as a primary HQ liaison to facilitate technical program assistance and ensure successful project performance.
- Working closely with Finance, responsible for the monitoring of the project’s financial management reporting systems and providing financial reporting to the field on a regular basis,
- Reviews project budgets and works with Program Director to develop and update long term financial projections.
- Ensures the project receives appropriate HQ resources/support from human resources, IT, contracts and grants, procurement, legal, compliance and the finance team.
- As requested, supports annual work planning and budgeting process across the project.
- Support the creation and implementation of a culture of strong communication across BRACED and with other departments.
- Support the project team in the preparation of periodic donor progress reports
- Monitor all contracts, grants, and cooperative agreements to ensure that they conform to donor and Blumont standards regulations and practices through the DOA and successor (Open text) processes.
- Support coordination between BRACED Project and Blumont Amman.
- Represents Blumont in selected US and international meeting and conferences; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in business management, environmental resilience, public administration, international relations, or a related field; minimum of 5 years of project management experience; demonstrated experience with track record of delivering projects on time and within budget.
- Contract management and reporting skills including tracking subcontracts, sub grants and consultants’ agreements.
- Ability to support and monitor milestone-based projects within budget and time constraints.
- Team-focused with the ability to interact with diverse colleagues and facilitate strong working relationships between partners; adept at working closely with others over geographical distance.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English; diplomacy in communicating with a broad and diverse audience.
- Experience developing program reports, work plans, budgets.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of internal and external clients.
- Ability to travel up to 25% time annually.
- French language capability highly desirable.
- Experience managing DFID funded projects preferred.
Blumont is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, Teach America and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Blumont, a charitable, non-profit, non-governmental organization, focuses its operations in regions of the world that present social, political and technical challenges. Blumont specializes in facilitating and supporting assistance that is tailored specifically to those most in need. Blumont works in collaboration with a wide range of organizations in the design and implementation of humanitarian relief and development aid programs, including U.S. and foreign government agencies, bilateral and international donor organizations, international finance organizations, faith-based organizations, advocacy groups, international and local NGOs, and U.S. corporations. Blumont's mission is to reduce the suffering of the world’s most vulnerable groups and provide tools and resources needed to increase their self-sufficiency. We accomplish our mission by implementing targeted cost-effective relief and development programs that improve the lives of these vulnerable groups