Summary: Oversees HR policies, employee recruitment and retention, staff productivity and performance management. Oversees day-to-day management of the project office’s logistics and procurement activities.
Key Job Outcomes:
- Operations Management: Manages the day-to-day HR, Administration and Procurement operations of the project office. Coordinates all the HR, Admin and Procurement process for the project and with all vendors. Oversees facilities and office management functions and directly supervises a small team.
- Staffing: Leads recruitment efforts including creating and posting descriptions for vacancies, reviewing applications and scheduling interviews, negotiating salaries/benefits and extending offers, issuing local contracts, and developing welcome packets and overseeing orientation of new staff. Prepares LOE Report of Pathfinder staff and partners’ shared staff.
- Compensation and Benefits Administration: Manages compensation and benefits for project staff, including ensuring adherence to local labor laws and practices and Pathfinder norms, and conducts benefits orientation for new hires. Ensures insurance coverage of qualified staff.
- Payroll: Collaborates with Finance to ensure timely and accurate time reporting and payroll.
- Retention Strategies: Leads staff productivity and retention efforts for local staff, including supporting professional growth and development plans. Provides advice and counsel to staff on personnel issues. Directs and coordinates annual performance evaluations for project staff.
- Procurement Process Management: Leads the entire procurement process for goods and services for the project including issuing RFPs/RFQs, collecting and analyzing bids, completing selection process, negotiating with the vendors, issuing contracts/purchase orders, receiving deliverables, managing warranties, paying vendors, and closing the procurement action. Finalizes all procurement documents for approval and retains audit ready documents for file. Maintains inventory of project equipment and supplies. Liaises with vendors and maintenance firms to ensure timely payment and receipt of goods
- Logistics: Ensures asset insurance of project assets with the coordination of Logistics.
- Personnel and Procurement Files: Maintains HR files (paper and electronic) and procurement documents in accordance with country law and project office established policies and procedures;
- Project Management and Participation: Leads, manages or participates on cross-functional project teams.
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
- Logistics and Procurement Principles and Practices: Advanced knowledge of logistics and procurements principles.
- USAID Procurement Rules and Regulations: Advanced skills in conducting comparative cost analysis according to USAID procurement rules and regulations.
- Contract Negotiations: Advanced skills in negotiating vendor contracts.
- Office Management Practices: Advanced knowledge of accepted management practices.
- Management and Supervision: Proven ability to recruit, hire, train, and develop staff.
- HR Standards, Guidelines, and Practices: Advanced knowledge of best practices, guidelines, regulations, and standards for managing Human Resources.
- Employee Life Cycle: Advanced knowledge of the employee life cycle from recruiting through separation of employment.
- PC Applications: Advanced knowledge of HRIS and procurement software applications.
- Payroll Administration: Advanced knowledge of payroll administration practices and procedures.
- HR Files and Documentation: Advanced knowledge of legal requirements, procedures and practices for filing and maintaining HR records.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Foundational knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and servicesj, includng strategies and indicators.
- Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Office products, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Languages: Advanced writing and speaking skills using local language and English language.
- Communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills, Advanced knowledge of report writing
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices
- Influencing and Customer Service Skills: Advanced influencing and diplomacy skills. Advanced customer service skills.
- Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational and planning skills, project planning and management skills. Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Global and Cultural Effectiveness: Ability to communicate, collaborate with diverse stakeholders and achieve operational outcomes.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Confidentiality: Ability to maintain confidentiality of work related issues.
Minimally Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree Human Resources Management, Business, Operations, or a related field, or a combination of education and experience that yields the required competencies
- 7 years’ experience working with a USAID funded project
- Prefer: Work experience in negotiating vendor contracts
- Travel required (less than 10%)
- Uses cellular and desk phone; laptop or desktop computer
About the Organization
Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women’s lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people are able to choose their own paths forward.