At AMIDEAST we pride ourselves in being a leading American non-profit organization engaged in international education, training and development activities in the Middle East and North Africa. We also pride ourselves in providing amazing paid leave and a great 401k with up to 6% match.
We are seeking a HR Generalist/Recruiter based in Washington, D.C. The Recruiter will have a strong recruiting background coupled with the desire and knowledge to branch out into more of what HR has to offer. This position will be responsible for the management of various HR functions to include full lifecycle recruitment, compliance tracking and reporting, training design and delivery. The recruiter will also review position requisitions, source resumes and post positions, screen all resumes against positon requirements, schedule and conduct phone and in person interviews. Incumbent’s responsibilities will include the following,
- Work with the HR Director to develop, deliver and maintain internal training and professional development models, forms and policies
- You will manage and develop the Washington, D.C internship program and be the point of contact for DC interns
- Continuously develop and enhance recruiting services to include training, policies, and best practices
- Manage full lifecycle recruiting for our HQ office of approximately 20 FT hires per year and update managers regularly on the recruitment process, making recommendations for changes to the recruitment strategy
- Partner with hiring managers to identify requirements and understand business needs as well as build strong relationships with hiring teams
- Perform other duties as may be required from time to time
- A./B.S. degree or 5-7 years equivalent experience
- HRMS system savvy and the ability to learn new systems quickly
- Knowledgeable in MS Excel and has excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and accept responsibility
- Please provide a cover letter, resume and salary requirements
AMIDEAST is Equal Opportunity Employer /Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
About the Organization
AMIDEAST is a leading American non-profit organization engaged in international education, training and development activities in the Middle East and North Africa.
Founded in 1951, AMIDEAST in its early years focused on promoting U.S. study to students in the MENA region and managing U.S. scholarships and exchanges such as the flagship Fulbright Foreign Student Program. While these important programs continue apace, our work has expanded significantly.
Today AMIDEAST programs and services touch the lives of half a million individuals a year – improving educational opportunities and quality, strengthening local institutions, and developing language and professional skills critical for success in the global economy.