Under the direction of the Director of Human Resources, responsible for a diverse array of HR functions for HQ domestic employees.
- Manage and serve as an expert for ACDI/VOCA domestic recruitment for headquarters office to include: updating job descriptions, creating postings for open opportunities, posting opportunities on job boards, sourcing and screening resumes, interviewing candidates, conducting reference and education verifications, providing compensation recommendations, negotiating offers, and preparing confirmation letters.
- Manage processes for tracking recruitment activities including sourcing, advertising, interviewing, and offers. Provide input regarding recruitment budget.
- Manage tracking and reporting on costs of recruiting. Recommend new recruitment venues based on data.
- Manage training hiring managers on our recruitment processes and utilizing our applicant tracking system.
- Manage traditional and nontraditional resources, such as University Career Fairs, virtual career fairs and university visits including liaising with career development centers to identify and attract quality candidates.
- Partners with hiring manager to determine staffing needs.
- Establish and maintain positive internal and external relationships. Represents ACDI/VOCA at recruitment events.
- Participate in outreach and recruitment activities by coordinating and attending job fairs.
- Responsible for the maintenance of data in the Human Resource Management System (HRMS) system. Collect and process personnel actions.
- Responsible for the management of the Applicant Tracking System (ATS) and the content of the recruitment section of the ACDI/VOCA website.
- Manage and lead new hire and benefits orientation of HQ employees and ensure completion of all HR related onboarding tasks associated with new hires. Responsible for E-Verify and I-9 processing.
- Manage education reimbursement requests and track annual reimbursements for budget purposes.
- Proactively communicate with the payroll department to ensure the integrity of the payroll data and make updates as necessary. Research questions from employees and facilitate actions to resolve issues.
- Work closely with Director of Human Resources for filing government compliance reports such as EEO-1, VETS-4212 and VETS100A, and AAP
- Participate in salary and benefits surveys, as required.
- Participate in special projects as assigned by the VP of Human Resources and Director of Human Resources.
- Responsible for tracking changes to federal, state and local employment laws and regulations. Interpret laws and organization HR policies and procedures. Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures and advise on needed actions. Advise employees on questions related to policy. Maintain required compliance posters within the organization.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. While the requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required; reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related discipline or a master’s degree.
- Minimum of four years’ experience in human resources or related field; recruiting experience desired.
- Experience in human resources policies and procedures, relevant employment laws, and international environment.
- Experience with applicant tracking systems and HRMS systems preferably UltiPro and iCIMS.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptionally organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated; must have a proactive and creative problem-solving approach to resolve issues in a timely manner;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality required.
- Ability to demonstrate confidentiality, dependability, creativity, initiative, excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to be a part of a highly functioning dedicated team.
Please apply online at http://www.acdivoca.org/work-with-us/ or respond with résumé, cover letter and salary history to Attn: HR/SLD, 50 F Street NW, Suite 1000, Washington, D.C., 20001 or fax +1 202 469 6255. No phone calls please. Only finalists will be contacted. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Peace Corps, AmeriCorps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply. EOE/AA. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
About the Organization
Since 1963 and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development, and food security to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil societies. ACDI/VOCA has approximately 50 projects in 30 countries and total revenues of approximately $174 million.