We are seeking a Human Resources Intern based in Washington DC. The HR Intern works with staff on a wide variety of administrative tasks. This position requires maturity and a strict adherence to confidentiality due to handling sensitive material. The intern should have great customer service and good interpersonal skills. The ideal person for this role is computer savvy, can handle multiple tasks, has high attention to detail and is able to do research and learn quickly.
• Ensure that all personnel and benefit files, I-9 binder, EEO binder, and other such binders are maintained and up to date
• Prepare and reconcile the American Express purchase-card log
• Coordinate with multiple billing departments regarding invoicing problems or missing invoices
• Responsible for miscellaneous office duties such as filing, copying, editing, research, and document preparation
• Formulate all invoices for accounts payable log to include payments by check, wires, ACH, as well as maintain all data logs for the affirmative action plan
• Ensure all terminated files are properly scanned and stored for e-storage prior to shipment to Iron Mountain
• Performing other tasks as may be required from time to time
• One year of related experience (work or educational experience)
• Currently enrolled in either a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program for either human resources, legal and compliance or other business related field of study
• Be a quick learner, work independently, and have strong attention to detail
• Solid understanding of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel etc.)
• Ability to work between 30 – 40 hours per week
• Ability to maintain discretion, confidentiality, and tact while undertaking sensitive work
AMIDEAST is an Equal Opportunity Employer - /Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
About the Organization
AMIDEAST is a leading American non-profit organization engaged in international education, training and development activities in the Middle East and North Africa.
Founded in 1951, AMIDEAST in its early years focused on promoting U.S. study to students in the MENA region and managing U.S. scholarships and exchanges such as the flagship Fulbright Foreign Student Program. While these important programs continue apace, our work has expanded significantly.
Today AMIDEAST programs and services touch the lives of half a million individuals a year – improving educational opportunities and quality, strengthening local institutions, and developing language and professional skills critical for success in the global economy.