outh Sudan Country Office HR offers services that are complimentary to the back end of the organization in all matters relating to HR. It offers complete turnkey HR solutions to serve its clients’ needs.
The intern will be expected to energetically engage in the support of HR tasks and to selectively drive particular work items on their own.
Their responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Follow up on classification of ToRs;
- Checking format and quality of ToRs to ensure proper grammar and format is used in advertisements before they are posted;
- Conducting and following up on reference checks;
- Ensuring completion of mandatory courses by personnel;
- Processing interview reports and other HR reports where appropriate;
- Follow up on approvals for contract extensions;
- Follow up on budget lines with hiring units during recruitment’s;
- Logistical assistance in planning, organizing and preparation of interviews, training and and other relevant events;
- Support the identification and documentation of best practices and lessons learnt, including coordination and organization-wide implementation of knowledge sharing and documentation methodologies;
- Maintenance of personnel records for all personnel;
- Maintenance of the training database;
- Provide assistance in the long listing and shortlisting process, as guided by the supervisor
The internship will also span broader aspects related to human resource management. The aim of the internship is to enhance the theoretical knowledge of the intern through substantive and operational engagement with sustainability practices and policies of the Organization. The intern should be willing to learn about UNOPS and its core business and intervention areas, the work environment, and the technical/functional aspects of the job. In addition, UNOPS expects the intern should do their best to contribute to the goals of the organization. Interns are not hired for their experience, they are hired to do entry level work and hopefully contribute something to the company while they are gaining work experience.
- Enrollment in a University Degree Programme such as Bachelors, Masters or Ph.D. (or the equivalent) in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field. Applicants who have graduated from such studies within the recent three (3) years will also be considered eligible for the position.
- Any prior work experience is not required. A portfolio of relevant work would be an asset.
- Contract Management (Optional);
- Benefits and Entitlements Management(Optional) ;
- HR administration (Optional);
- HR Information Services (Optional);
- Learning and Development (Optional);
- Recruitment and Selection (Optional);
- Web Based Management Systems (Optional);
- Information Technology - MS Office (Required).
- Fluency in English is mandatory
Contract type , level and duration:
Contract type: Internship
Contract duration: 6 Months
Internship only applicable to South Sudan Nationals.
This internship is not designed to lead to a staff/ICA position with UNOPS. Therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of the internship.
Interns may be eligible for a monthly stipend from UNOPS provided that they do not receive funds from other institutions. Interns must make their own arrangements for accommodation and travel to and from the office.
For more details about UNOPS internships please follow this link:https://www.unops.org/english/Opportunities/job-opportunities/what-we-offer/Pages/Internships-and-volunteering.aspx
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time (CET)
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- For staff positions UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns.
Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
About the Organization
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.