Location: Yangon, Myanmar
Application Deadline: 10 Aug 2020
Women are encouraged to apply.
UNOPS Office in Myanmar is looking for an experienced and results oriented HR Manager to lead a team of
six dedicated local HR colleagues. The Myanmar office currently has over 400 personnel. The projects
managed by this office are focusing on post-disaster recovery, health programmes and food security.
As the HR Manager, you will be accountable for implementing HR Services and providing advisory services to
strengthen the delivery capacity of our clients – the three largest development programmes in-country.
These programmes are the Access to Health Fund, the Livelihood and Food Security Fund (LIFT) and the Joint
Peace Fund (JPF) as well as the Global Fund Programme in Myanmar and the Southeast Asia Region’s
artemisinin-resistance initiative, targeting drug resistant malaria in the greater Mekong sub-region.
Your main responsibility will be to manage and build the capacity of your team, and ensure clients receive
the highest possible level of service. Your ultimate goal is that HR Unit be considered a strong business
partner and reliable resource providing innovative operational and strategic HR guidance, including advice
on best practices and policy implementation.
You will also be in charge of providing HR advisory services to managers, and control the full recruitment
lifecycle in the office (talent acquisition, outreach, recruitment, on-boarding, performance management,
succession planning, etc.). You will work very closely with UNOPS Headquarters in Copenhagen and get the
opportunity to contribute to HR policy development.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, please read the full job description which is attached to this
- Advanced University degree in relevant discipline
- A first University degree in related fields combined with 2 years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced degree.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in human resources management including HR advisory services/business partnering in at least 2 areas of the following HR disciplines: HR Contract Administration/Benefits and Entitlements, HR Operations, Recruitment, Performance Management or Organizational Design
- Experience in an HR manager or team lead role is required
- Relevant experience in a multicultural setting is required
- International experience or exposure is required
- Some experience in UN system organizations/NGO preferably in a developing country is desirable.
- Experience in a similar HR function in a NGO is desirable
- Prior work experience in Asia would be an asset
- Fluency in English is required.
- Working knowledge of another, official UN language is desirable
About the OrganizationBackground Information - UNOPS
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.
Apply Here - Communications Associate