About the role
Working closely with our global People and Talent (HR) team, this role will be the first HR System Administrator role to be based in our Delhi office. We are introducing this role as we implement a new human resource management system, Microsoft Talent, which is a key part of a broader Enterprise Resource Planning tool for the company.
Your core role will be to manage our personnel administration on Microsoft Talent. You will ensure accurate data and documentation and manage HR processes on the system, as well as acting as the first point of contact for system related queries for our employees and associates based in various overseas offices and training colleagues to use the Microsoft Talent system. Other important tasks will include drafting letters to workers to document HR matters (e.g. pay increases, promotions or changes in position) and supporting colleagues with key HR processes, such as onboarding of staff.
You will work closely with the London-based People and Talent team as well as with People and Talent Managers and Project Managers in other offices across the world. Working with colleagues across the world, much of your daily interaction will be remote using video conferencing software, however you will also have the benefit of working side-by-side with our Business Development team in the Delhi office.
Key tasks and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Providing help desk support through the People & Talent mailbox, by managing queries accordingly;
- Inputting and updating employee records with new hire information e.g. contracts and on boarding documents;
- Inputting and processing employee data e.g. leave and benefits;
- Training system users on functionalities and new features;
- Managing staff life cycle from onboarding and transfers, to offboarding e.g. arranging buddy, probation, end of fixed term contracts, issuing renewed contracts);
- Supporting with individual staff communication letters, such as through issuing letters to staff informing them of changes to the T&Cs of employment for employees and associates;
- Liaise as necessary with colleagues in various business services functions on any changes to staff or associate employment;
- Supporting on the maintenance of the Microsoft Talent system.
We are looking for a new HR System Administrator who combines technical know-how with a keen eye for detail and a passion for people. You take pride in the quality of service you provide; you are responsive, communicate clearly and prioritise numerous administrative tasks effectively to meet deadlines. You are continually developing your skills and looking to do things more effectively. You are a team player with the ability to build effective relationships working remotely, with people from a range of professional and cultural backgrounds. You demonstrate sound judgment, integrity and sensitivity.
The ideal candidate will have experience with HR procedures and software such as HRIS, HRMS or Microsoft Talent.
- Eligibility to work in Delhi, India
- Excellent spoken and written English language
- Tech savvy, with demonstrated ability to quickly develop expertise with new software
- Microsoft Excel (advanced level), Word and Outlook (good level)
- 1-3 years’ work experience in a similar role
- A good bachelor’s degree
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and manage competing demands against tight deadlines
- Excellent administration skills
- Good judgement, integrity, sensitivity and respect for confidentiality
- Pro-active, flexible and result focused approach
- A strong team player, with the ability to build effective relationships working remotely
- Prior experience of HR process and software such as HRIS, HRMS or Microsoft Talent (highly desirable)
- Familiarity with HR practices and procedures
- Experience of working in a business services function in a global company
What We Offer You
As an employee-owned company, our people are at the heart of our strategy and our decisions. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, a dynamic and friendly team environment, the opportunity to support a highly successful portfolio of programmes, and support to develop your skills and progress in your career.
The diversity of our workforce makes ASI a great place to work, more creative and resourceful, and underpins strong partnerships. We keep a sharp focus on diversity and inclusion, including through our Equality Action Plan and our Diversity and Inclusion Committee, and through leadership from our Executive Team and oversight by our Board.
We recognise the importance of your life outside of work. We are proud to support flexible working arrangements, and commit to make a success of flexible working arrangements wherever possible. We’ve built a culture to reflect our values, full of likeminded professionals who are smart, passionate and great at what they do.
Heard Enough? Ready to Apply?
Please submit a CV (no more than 2 pages) and short cover letter with the subject headline “HR System Administrator” to email@example.com
Shortlisted applicants only will be contacted.
Deadline for Applications will be midnight 20th July 2020
ASI is committed to continually improving the diversity of our workforce through the attraction, retention and development of a diverse range of talented people. We want people to be comfortable bringing their whole self to work and recognise that inclusion brings further opportunities for innovation and creativity.
#We’re happy to talk flexible working
About the Organization
Adam Smith International is a global advisory company that works locally to transform lives by making economies stronger, societies safer, and governments more effective. We work on behalf of governments, foundations and companies that share our ambition to take on the big challenges facing the world. They come to us to develop strategies and to design, deliver and evaluate programmes that, in turn, stimulate growth, stability and good governance.
For nearly three decades in almost 100 countries, we have been working in partnership with governments, the private sector and civil society in countries at all stages of development.
Our core team of staff and technical experts, in multiple offices around the world, ensures the quality of delivery and high ethical standards that we and our clients require. We bring together a global network of specialist experts, who contribute their experience and know-how, where and when it is needed.
ASI is owned and operated by its employees. We are committed to corporate integrity and a triple bottom line of social, environmental and financial performance.