Requisition ID: req2321
Job Title: Human Resource Coordinator
Sector: Human Resources
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
SCOPE OF WORK:
The HR Coordinator is responsible for providing strategic leadership. The HR Coordinator will ensure high quality and efficient staff recruitment, contracts management, orientation, learning and development, performance management, compensation and benefits, code of conduct compliance, employee engagement and staff care. The HR Coordinator will provide technical support and capacity building for HR team and will be working closely with the HR Managers to facilitate the development of a highly effective, strategic HR function. The HR Coordinator will also serve as a HR Advisor to the country leadership team (CMT). This position reports directly to the Country Director.
* Work with the HR Managers to ensue staff understand and apply HR best practices and IRC policy, and engaging staff to foster and implement a creative and productive workplace that actively promotes learning and staff development.
* Serve as a member of the Country Management Team.
* Maintain a healthy and empowering office environment that encourages open, honest and productive communication among IRC staff by delivering an employee engagement and communication strategy.
* Assess capacity of HR staff across IRC offices in Yemen in their ability to appropriately and adequately manage all HR issues and work with Managers to conduct training to address any gaps.
* Provide constructive feedback and counsel on career paths and professional development for HR team and IRC staff; establish a culture of continuous learning opportunities.
* Support the management, coaching and development of national staff to build a cadre of skilled, committed and motivated staff.
* Work with HR Manager to update orientation/onboarding materials for new staff orientation and conduct training for all HR staff to carry out orientations effectively. Ensure revised staff orientation adequately covers issues such as IRC Way, IRC Anti-Harassment Policy and the various pre-existing channels for staff to report ethical issues, in country and beyond.
* Work with HR Managers to conduct training sessions specifically aimed at compliance, transparent recruitment process, contract management, HR reporting, staff personnel files management and effective orientation.
* Review contracts, employee data & records, leave administration and compliance to HR policies and procedures and work with HR Managers to conduct training aimed at all HR staff.
* Review all personnel files and related HR documents country wide and work with HR team to ensure all files are up to date and in compliance with IRC policy.
* Work with HR Managers to develop and execute capacity building plan aimed at Human Resources staff across IRC Yemen to enable them deliver timely and accurate HR services.
* Support and provide guidance to the HR Managers staff to effectively implement Performance Management Program and link it to staff development/capacity building and training.
* Serve as a mentor for and build the capacity of HR team to ensure sustainable and reliable HR services in all field offices.
* Ensure standardization of HR forms across offices and ensure use and sharing of best practices between field locations.
* Actively participate in proposal design and grants opening and review meetings (GRMs, GOMs) specifically advising on organizational structure, position scoping, demographic/staffing analysis and other inputs critical to ensure strong HR foundation to support program quality.
* The candidate will ensure smooth transition of HR Coordinator responsibilities outlined above to the national Coordinator Manager.
* Escalate code of conduct issues, lead or co-lead investigations and ensure issues are resolved and appropriate follow-up is carried out, in partnership with Ethics and Compliance Unit (ECU).
* Perform other tasks as requested by supervisor.
* Master degree or equivalent education
* 5 years of progressive HR professional experience with a minimum of 3 years as a head of HR department or equivalent experience
* Demonstrated success as an HR generalist supporting employee groups of 200+ employees in multiple locations within the country required.
* Demonstrated success in supporting senior management and building relationships.
* Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, and training and development
* Strong collaborator with effective interpersonal and analytical skills
* Demonstrated ability to work, manage, and meet competing deadlines in a fast-paced.
* Must be comfortable in being a proactive member of the senior management team. Must have a proven track-record of proactively identifying and communicating potential problems and proposing solutions.
* Must be able to function effectively in a loosely structured, but complex work environment and to set appropriate priorities and deal effectively with competing priorities and pressure
* Ability to carry out responsibilities independently with minimal technical support.
* Capable of managing conflict and conflicting views.
* Good knowledge of HRIS systems.
* Superb written and verbal communication skills required.
* Fluency in English, both written and spoken. Arabic is an advantage.
* Committed to staff training and development and effective at facilitation.
* Commitment to the IRC’s mission, purpose and values.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC Yemen began its Health, Nutrition and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) programs in response to the impact of conflicts in Abyan and Aden Governorates in October 2012. Currently IRC Yemen is operating in eight governorates in the south and north of Yemen through direct programming and through a local partnership, in Health, WASH, Nutrition, Economic Recovery Development and Women Protection and Empowerment. These sectors are responding to food insecurity, cholera and other humanitarian needs within the displaced and conflict affected populations.
Work Environment: There is active conflict in parts of the country and a possibility for further expansion of the conflict and violence into other areas and other states. The situation in Aden remains unpredictable. Security will be thoroughly discussed during the interview process.
Lodging in Aden and Sana’a is in shared IRC guesthouses. All IRC sites have electricity and internet all day through. Food is the individual’s responsibility.
Standards of Professional Conduct:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way - Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.