Human Resource Officer,
Performance Management Support Contract (PERFORM), Pakistan
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
In May 2015, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded a five-year contract to Management Systems International (MSI) to provide performance management support to USAID-sponsored development programs throughout Pakistan. The Performance Management Support Contract (PERFORM) serves as a centralized management support mechanism that provides services in (1) monitoring, (2) evaluation, (3) assessment, and (4) learning support. PERFORM provides data and information to help USAID/Pakistan project managers improve results through better implementation, design, and learning, enabling it to better target its programming and achieve its goals and objectives.
**Please note: Only Pakistani citizens are eligible for this position.**
The human resource (HR) officer will assist the HR manager with recruitment and general HR matters and will be responsible for the effective delivery of HR services, including vacancy announcements, candidate screening, verification, contract management, and benefits administration. The HR officer will work closely with the project staff to contribute to the success of PERFORM. This position will report directly to the HR manager. This is a full-time position based in Islamabad. It is expected to begin immediately and last through April 2020.
- Provide support in the recruitment of all technical and administrative positions for PERFORM, and ensure that the following steps are managed timely and accurately:
- Post vacancies on various Pakistani recruitment websites, job boards, and local newspapers.
- Communicate with the Home Office (HO) regarding vacancy announcements on MSI’s website.
- Work with local identified forums to ensure that positions are distributed through wide networks on a timely manner.
- Conduct initial screening of CVs; provide initial shortlist to the assignment manager within seven days of vacancy announcement.
- Contact potential candidates and schedule interviews, as necessary.
- Maintain clear documentation of interview notes.
- Communicate and initiate pre-hiring process with selected primary candidates. Ensure that all requisite forms are shared as per the guidelines.
- Update recruitment tracker, database and internal folders as necessary
- Conduct document verification of candidates within seven days of selection. Efficiently respond to HO queries regarding verifications.
- Develop and maintain a network of contacts and candidates via proactive use of social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.) and other recruiting tools.
- Maintain and periodically update recruitment database with candidate CVs and contact details for prompt reference.
- Maintain and process health and life insurance payments among others; process staff medical claims on regular basis. Correspond with the insurance companies for efficient claim reimbursements and for resolving staff queries.
- Update staff employment and short-term consultants hiring files on regular basis, and maintain checklists and trackers for these purposes.
- Submit purchase requests through internal procurement system when required.
- Undertake other duties as assigned by the HR manager.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business administration.
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience with international organization.
- Prior experience with USAID funded projects is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated and in-depth knowledge of HR systems and structures.
- Highly motivated, energetic, independent, self-starter, with strong customer service orientation.
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail, and ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Strong presentation and communications skills - oral and written.
- Proficiency in computer applications including MS Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
*Position will be filled on a rolling basis*
Candidates that have a real or potential conflict of interest will not be considered for this position. MSI will require a written statement to this effect before formal engagement on this position. Conflict of interest in this context includes, but is not limited to: close and/or family relations with the individuals that are related to the project, financial interest in the implementing organization(s) or grantees, current or previous experience with the project or the USAID requesting office, etc.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.