Human Resources Advisor,
Afghanistan’s Measure for Accountability and Transparency (AMANAT),
“Afghanistan’s Measure for Accountability and Transparency” project (AMANAT) is a USAID activity focused on supporting Afghan government and non-government institutions reduce and prevent corruption in the delivery of public services. The project works closely with local counterpart agencies to identify public services that are particularly vulnerable to corruption, develop mitigation strategies, implement those initiatives, and monitor their impact. Examples of AMANAT’s reforms include administrative streamlining, improved internal controls, e-governance applications, more open data, and establishing ethics units in government agencies. The project also promotes better communication of these reforms to generate more public trust in government. In addition, civil society, business and the media play major roles in AMANAT by conducting robust monitoring and oversight of these institutional reforms and their impacts.
**Please note: Only Afghan citizens are eligible for this position**
The Human Resources (HR) Advisor will assess the current Human Resources Management system and practices of a designated government entity through consultative processes. Based on the assessment, the advisor will propose and support the development and implementation of regulatory and procedural improvements aligned with Afghan labor law, civil servant law, and international best practices to become more merit-based, inclusive, transparent and accountable. Further, the advisor will seek opportunities and proactively contribute to the development of a culture of integrity, meritocracy, equality and performance. In this position, the advisor will be an essential member of a multi-disciplinary team that is creating change in public service delivery by identifying and focusing on business processes in government agencies and then making them more efficient by simplifying them.
· Create enabling conditions for improving recruitment, retention and promotion of skilled, knowledgeable and high performing individuals, consistent with the overarching goal of transparency, accountability and inclusiveness
- Design and carry out a review of the existing Human Resource Management (HRM) system and practices through a consultative and participatory process, taking into account international best practices and principles of ethics, merit, equality, fairness, transparency, diversity, inclusivity and responsiveness
- Facilitate discussion of the review’s findings and jointly develop feasible policy and procedural recommendations to improve HRM systems, namely selection/recruitment, promotion, transfer/posting and performance evaluation.
- Based on the review, develop recommendations that include regulatory and procedural amendments, identification of modern tools to be considered and specific capacity development activities that should underpin the modernization process
- Formulate and develop strategies, policies and practical plans to address human resource matters, though consultative and participatory processes
- Assess the current levels of workforce skills, comparing them with skills that are required to meet the organization’s goals and objectives
- Develop an HR training strategy and plan in consultation with departmental heads and management to promote continuous professional growth
- Identify and provide management with an analysis of the human and financial resources that are needed to attain training and development goals
- Provide expert advice to ensure that all program hiring, and personnel management actions and benefits are in line with the government entity’s policies, Afghan labor law, civil service law and related rules and regulations
- Advise the HR department and line mangers on recruitment and selection strategies
- Develop and train the HR department to maintain a personnel filing system in electronic and hard copy format for employment and administrative documents
- Provide advice to select and implement suitable HR technology
- Advise on staff development
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of HR systems and practices
- Consult on issues related to workplace relations and performance management
· Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree is preferred
· Minimum of five years of relevant experience
· Demonstrated expert knowledge of human resources management
· Experience designing and delivering institutional, organizational and staff capacity building
· Outstanding teamwork skills
· Strong communications skills including effective listening
· Proactive problem solver
· Demonstrated track record of creativity, innovation and flexibility
· Ability to gather data, compile and analyze information, and write reports
· Skills in organizing resources and establishing priorities
· Conflict resolution and/or mediation skills
· Knowledge of office management principles, procedures, systems and software
· Fluent English, and professional proficiency in Dari and Pashto (writing and speaking)
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Applications due by: July 17, 2020
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.