Women for Women International provides women survivors of war, civil strife and other conflicts with the tools and resources to move from crisis and poverty to stability, self-sufficiency, and active citizenship, thereby promoting viable civil societies.
Founded in 1993, Women for Women International (WfWI) is dedicated to providing women survivors of war with the tools and resources to move from crisis and poverty to stability and self-sufficiency, thereby promoting viable civil societies. WfWI currently works in eight countries:Afghanistan,Iraq,Kosovo,Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Democratic Republic of Congo,Nigeria,RwandaandSouth Sudan. During the last 19 years, WfWI has transformed the lives of more than 317,000 socially-excluded women and distributed over $103 million in direct aid and microcredit loans, benefiting more than 1.7 million family and community members in the process. In 2011, over 78,549 women in all eight countries received program services, with more than 40,000 sponsors from 94 countries across the world. WfWI has over 600 employees worldwide, and each of our country offices are fully staffed by women and men from the local community.
WfWI has an immediate opportunity for an experienced Human Resources & Administration Manager (HR&A Manager) for our DRC Country Program. The position will be located in Bukavu with travels to sub-offices in Goma and Uvira.
The Human Resources & Administration (HR&A) Manager will lead, direct and manage the day-to-day Human Resources and Administrative activities for the DRC Country office and sub-offices. The HR&A Manager will provide oversight and guidance to the development and monitoring of processes related to recruitment and retention, compliance, compensation, benefits, training and development; as well as oversee administrative functions. The HR&A will provide strategic guidance on HR to the office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review job advertisements prior to posting, screen CVs, conduct telephone screenings, coordinate interview teams, participate in interviewing candidates and ensure that documentation is collected and recorded/filed
- Oversee all labor engagement for the country office and manage the new hire orientation process
- Annually review the Employee Handbook recommending amendments that may be needed due to changes in local conditions or labor laws
- Manage timesheets for office, ensuring timely submission, approval, accuracy, and filing, oversee the employee leave administration, and coordinate with Finance Manager in the preparation of monthly Payroll
- Monitor compensation administration ensuring internal equity & compliance
- Oversee the exit interview and evaluate the data collected for retention purposes
- Advise Country Director on appropriate staffing levels and assist in budget preparation, facilitate job analysis and update job descriptions
- Assist in implementation of an automated Payroll HR Information Systems (HRIS)
- Review employee final payments for accuracy and compliance with labor laws
- Ensure smooth running of all administrative functions in the country offices
- Supervise all travel and hotel arrangements for staff and visitors, including visas and work permits as applicable
- Evaluate the need for employee training and development and make recommendations.
- Oversee the coordination and implementation of annual performance reviews
- Work with senior management and the local attorney to resolve employee relations issues pragmatically, investigate employee relations issues &work to ensure human resources related decisions are consistent and fair.
Qualifications and Skills
- Master’s Degree in human resources or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience, plus minimum of 7 years experience in the field of human resources
- Must be familiar with country specific laws and regulations governing Human Resources in DRC
- Ability to work with managers to assess complex issues pragmatically
- Must be willing to travel to sub-office in Goma and Uvira for overnight stay as needed and occasionally travel internationally
- Ability to define problems, establish facts, analyze situations and make decisions
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, excellent written and verbal French and English skills.
- Ability to interact with and lead employees at various levels
- Strong understanding of confidentiality as it relates to Human Resources
- Proficient in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Previous work experience in DRC will be added advantage
- The position is open to Third Country Nationals, and expatriate with valid work permits, or able to obtain and maintain work permits in DRC.
We encourage all interested applicants to submit the following application materials: up-to-date CV, cover letter and three professional references, to email@example.com. Please put HR&A Manager in the Subject line. Application deadline: 23rd, March 2012. Due to urgency of the recruitment, applications will be short-listed on a regular basis and we may offer the positions before the closing date.
We do not accept resumes or applications sent to our human resources email box.
Only short listed applicants will be invited to interview and interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis and the position will remain open until filled. No telephone inquiries, please.
Women for Women International provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
* This job description may be modified from time to time in the discretion of WfWI*