Chemonics seeks a human resources and administration specialist for the five-year USAID-funded Tunisia Resilience and Community Empowerment (TRACE) project. TRACE aims to support communities in reducing their risk of instability and increase resilience to violent extremism. Through a rigorous community-based development approach, it will strengthen the voices of underrepresented groups, including women and youth in rural and peri-urban areas, and engage community members as participants and leaders in the full cycle of design, management, and evaluation of development activities. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide human resources and administrative support and guidance to all field offices
- Oversee recruiting and onboarding local staff and short-term consultant, oversee employee relations issues, and maintain employment records in compliance with Chemonics policies
- Ensure that employees are familiar with Chemonics policies and uphold the company’s standard of ethics and that controls are in place to ensure compliance with local labors laws and employment policies
- Oversee other aspects of office operations as directed
- Liaise with project finance team and/or public accounting or payroll firm to coordinate administration of monthly payroll processes
- Maintain familiarity with Tunisian labor law and liaise with Tunisian legal counsel as necessary to ensure project is in compliance with the labor law
- Manage the recruiting process, including drafting and placing employment ads, collecting employment documentation, ensuring completion of biographical data forms, conducting reference checks for all candidates, organizing and participating in interview panels, and proposing top candidates for hire
- Draft and edit memos and guidance documents regarding human resources
- Manage the orientation of new employees and employee severance processes
- Provide support to supervisors in documenting and managing employee performance
- Maintain proper employee files, follow internal control system to ensure that the policies and procedures are being adhered to, and ensure confidentiality of all sensitive information pertaining to the employee
- Assist with auditing project files
- Coordinate closely with the project operations specialist to ensure office operations are managed efficiently, professionally, and responsibly
- Oversee other general office management tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required
- Minimum two years in a similar role (e.g., human resources manager or office manager); experience with an international organization preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of Tunisian labor law and experience administering labor-related processes (e.g., coordinating with an accounting firm to process payroll, delivering new hire orientations, severance management, and performance evaluations) required
- Experience providing office administration support, for example, overseeing office operations and office inventory management, highly desirable
- Demonstrated working knowledge in office computer applications including Microsoft Word and Excel, and other basic computer applications
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, and to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines consistently
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluent French and Arabic required; proficient English required, with fluency strongly preferred
Please send CV or resume to TRACErecruit@chemonics.com with your name and “Human Resources and Administration Specialist” in the subject line by April 1, 2018. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.