CAMRIS International is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
Conflict Management Consulting (CMC) provides research, monitoring and evaluation, and technical assistance in challenging, conflict-affected and post-conflict areas. We work for international organizations, governments and civil society, deploying multinational and highly specialized teams of experts. Our staff offer in-depth thematic expertise in a number of areas, including on topics such as peacebuilding, stabilization, migration and social tensions/cohesion, and have served organizations across the Middle East, Europe, Africa and Asia.
CAMRIS and CMC seek an Amman, Jordan-based Human Resources Officer for the upcoming USAID Syria Accountability and Research Team (USAID/ART). This will be a three-year activity to support the USAID Middle East Bureau (MEB) Syria program in its overall monitoring, evaluation and research, and collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA) needs.
The USAID/ART mechanism has several key tasks:
* Support development and annual review of performance monitoring plans (PMPs), the PMP learning agenda, evaluation questions, and task calendars.
* Support development of a system for collecting, analyzing and reporting activity-level data from multiple implementing partners.
* Conduct third party monitoring in Syria to verify if activities are taking place or have been completed and whether the interventions are effective in meeting objectives.
* Review activity-level MEL plans submitted by implementing partners and provide USAID activity managers with recommendations to address weaknesses, inconsistencies, and/or misalignment of indicators, and ensure consistency with USAID policy.
* Design and conduct sectoral and thematic assessments, baseline studies, ad hoc studies and quarterly public opinion polling in Syria.
* Strengthen the capacity of USAID/MEB and implementing partner (IP) staff to effectively monitor and evaluate progress on USAID/MEB’s Syria program.
* Propose, design and assist implementation of a wide range of innovative methods to support USAID/MEB’s CLA needs. Assess baseline data collection plans and collected data, identifying gaps and proposing assessments, surveys, and other data gathering.
* Support planning and conduct of Data Quality Assessments (DQAs), including making site visits to implementing partner field offices.
*This position is contingent upon contract award.
* Provide overall leadership, guidance, and management of the HR function by overseeing talent acquisition, retention, training and leadership development, compensation, benefits, etc.
* Report to and take direction and guidance from the Operations Director on all HR and Administrative related matters.
* Effectively carry out all HR and Administrative responsibilities relating to recruitment, hiring and on boarding of long term staff and short term consultants, manage office and apartment leases of expat staff, IT and security contracts, ensure all IT equipment is properly functioning and contains up to date security software, office space is properly furnished and maintained, electronic and hard files are well organized and managed, and all HR and administrative policies are implemented and
* Orient long-term staff and consultants to CAMRIS’ HR, travel and financial policies.
* Ensure that CAMRIS HR policies regarding gender empowerment and non-discrimination are adhered to and all local labor laws are followed.
* Develop HR goals, objectives, and systems.
* Work closely with CAMRIS HQ to purchase and/or maintain adequate health and other insurance policies.
* Counsel, coach, and resolve conflicts among team members.
* Comply with CAMRIS’s safety procedures and contribute to a strong culture among the staff regarding adherence to safety procedure.
* Purchase and maintain adequate stock of office supplies.
* Conduct any other tasks as assigned by the Operations Director, Chief of Party or CAMRIS HQ as requested.
* A bachelor’s degree in management, finance, business administration or related field.
* Minimum of five (5) years of HR and administrative related sector work experience, preferably for an international development organization.
* Demonstrated knowledge of USAID’s HR, procurement and administrative United States regulations, policies, and procedures, is highly preferred.
* Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
* Demonstrated knowledge of Jordanian labor laws, codes and regulations.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs.
* Fluency in English and Arabic.
This position is limited to local applicants.
In addition to applying for this position through the CAMRIS Career Website, interested candidates should also send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.