Chemonics seeks a human resources and operations technician for the ongoing USAID Human Rights Accountability Activity (RED-DH) in Mexico. The project aims to continue building the capacity of Mexico’s human rights institutions to more effectively and accountably respond to and prevent human rights violations—in particular forced disappearances and torture—at the federal and state levels. The human resources and operations technician will assist in the daily operations of the administration, finance and security teams, and will assist in the necessary human resources, administrative, financial, purchasing management, as well as administrative and financial reporting processes. This position will be based in Mexico City. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Human resources management
- Recruitment and staff hiring
- Training and onboarding new staff
- Assist recruiting and hiring of local personnel in coordination with the administration and finance manager, the director and the technical team.
- Prepare contracts for short- and long-term local staff with revision and approval of the administrative and finance manager
- Prepare and maintain systems for monitoring hired personnel vacation use
- Assist in the annual staff evaluation process
- Assist in RED-DH team-building preparation activities
- Assist in the process of requesting professional and personal training and coordinate with the headquarters to carry it out
- Coordinate hiring external consultants with the home office
- Support the operations team with procurement, contracting services, travel logistics and organizing events
- University degree in Business Administration or other relevant degree
- Minimum four years of experience in managing similar programs
- Knowledge and understanding of USAID regulations on procurement processes (acquisition of goods and services), hiring of consultancies, and financial reports, familiarity with financial processes, approval of expenses and accounting management is desirable
- Knowledge of policies for human resource management and labor law in Mexico
- Familiarity with financial and administrative processes
- Experience in office administration, accounting, purchasing systems, logistics and event coordination
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in Spanish is required, Proficiency in English is preferred
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Human Resources and Operations Technician” in the subject line to MexicoHRAARecruitment@chemonics.com by November 10th, 2020. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.
Chemonics International is a leading international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. with more than 40 years of experience implementing programs around the world.