We are seeking a Human Resources Associate, the HR associate will be responsible for providing human resources support to employees in the UK Division. The HR Associate will be responsible for dealing with various HR queries throughout the business, managing and updating HR records in various databases and systems, supporting recruitment, processing payroll and assisting company employees with enrollment procedures and HR-related issues.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Serves as the first point of contact for staff queries related to policies, compensation, benefits, staff care and wellness. Provides basic information related to staff care services and connect employees and projects to resources.
- Oversees and issues contracts of employment, amendment letters, ad hoc salary and bonus letters.
- Collaborates closely with the US-based HR team to coordinate day-to-day HR functions and activities, support to troubleshoot emerging issues, and support to develop HR workflows, policies, procedures and programmes to support activities and initiatives of the UK business
- Provides support to develop and review all HR policies and processes to ensure compliance.
- Updates and maintains files, filing systems, and trackers.
- Processing invoices for vendors and managing vendor relationship.
- Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with other HR departments and Operations Team.
- Supports UK recruitment processes, including reviewing candidate CVs, coordinating communications with candidates, scheduling interviews, conducting phone screens and participating in panel interviews as needed to meet the talent acquisition needs for the UK.
- Processes and facilitates new hire onboarding and orientation, including new starter paperwork and right to work checks.
- Coordinates with employees and operations team to facilitate all end of employment processes.
- Ensures the integrity of the HR system, including amendments for starters, leavers and changes.
- Supports processing of monthly payroll for UK staff.
- Maintains and expands knowledge by collaborating with other HR teams within Chemonics’ team, attending workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Supports in developing and facilitating HR-related presentations to inform staff of developments in HR policies and practices by sharing information through a variety of forums.
- Maintains confidentiality and knowledge of HR sensitive issues only sharing it with appropriate parties. Ensures proper security and disposal of confidential information, ensuring compliance with privacy laws and regulations.
- Occasionally participates in proposal line roles, including but not limited to recruiting.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the required knowledge, skills, and/or abilities needed to perform the principal duties.
- CIPD level 3 or level 5 or bachelor’s degree or relevant professional work experience,
- Relevant experience providing HR support in a professional office work environment required.
- Familiarity with UK labor laws.
- Experience working in an HR capacity for an international development firm highly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both verbal and written communications; strong cross-culture communication and sensitivity skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle routine administrative tasks.
- Ability to multitask with strong attention to detail, organization, and time management.
- Demonstrated ability to follow standard practices and procedures, receive general instruction and supervision, and contribute to projects and initiatives.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in problem solving and initiative to learn new skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Language proficiency for assigned geographic area assigned preferred.
- Willingness to travel and work abroad in less developed countries for at least 4 to 8 weeks per year
About the Organization
Founded in 1975, Chemonics is an international development consulting firm. In more than 70 countries around the globe, our network of 5,000 specialists share a simple belief: that the challenges we face today are best solved through the right partnerships — sharing knowledge, expertise, and experience to deliver results. As part of our culture and values, Chemonics is proud to be named a “Best Place to Work” in the Human Rights campaign Foundation’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index. Where Chemonics works, development works. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter or visit us at www.chemonics.com.