Consultants with expertise in developing and reviewing US Human Resources policies, procedures, and guides.
About IntraHealth international
IntraHealth International is a global health nonprofit that has worked in over 100 countries since 1979. We improve the performance of health workers and strengthen the systems in which they work so that everyone everywhere has the health care they need to thrive.
Because next-generation challenges in global health call for new and extraordinary partnerships, IntraHealth joins forces with governments, businesses, technologists, artists, activists, and more to cultivate local solutions with lasting results. IntraHealth’s programs generate long-term social and economic impact to keep communities around the world healthy, strong, and prosperous. We focus on health workers. Without them, health care doesn’t happen.
Scope of work
IntraHealth International is entering a new phase in its leadership in global development. Building on our rich 40-year history and is preparing to lead in a new global development landscape shaped by new influences and actors: shifting disease burdens, localization, cross-sector approaches, public-private partnerships, and, of course, newly revived concerns around global health security and emerging pandemics.
As we enter this challenging new era, we are undertaking an intensive process looking our systems and processes including Human Resources. For this we are seeking an experienced human resources consultant to review the organizational US human resources policies to ensure compliance with United States laws and regulations, streamline existing policies, make recommendations, where needed, to existing policies for broader focus that will help provide structural guidance for decision making. The consultant is also reviews the current new hire orientation program and implement an onboarding experience that allows for smooth transition to the new role and the organization.
- Review all US HR policies, processes and guides.
- Review current and pending US legislation that may impact HR policies
- Update HR policies according to state, local and US law
- Create new policies, as needed, according to state, local and US law
- Review the current new hire onboarding and orientation program and update using best global practices.
- Your proposal should include a description of proposed framework/process, a CV or 1-2 page company capability statement, examples of work that you have supported, and an estimated cost of consulting fees for a two months process (April- May 2021) to complete the work. We will select the consultant based on the relevance of consultant’s experience, alignment between the proposed framework and the availability. We will also assess the value for money of the proposed process and take it into our consideration.
- Confirmation of availability – April – May 30, 2021.
- If selected, applicants will work with the HR team to build a specific scope of work after signing a consulting agreement.
- Submissions will be accepted via email no later than Friday, April 9, 2021. Please submit HR@intrahealth.org.
- This RFI cannot be construed as a legally binding contract between our organization and the entity you are
Please acknowledge receipt of this letter and let us know whether you plan on submitting a bid.
The anticipated scope of work is expected to be completed by the end of May.
About the OrganizationDedicated to strengthening health workers and the systems that support them, IntraHealth International has served the public health needs of developing countries for 30 years. We bring about positive change by harnessing the potential of technology, valuing the power of partnership, and maintaining a sharp focus on the health worker. To help close the gap in access to health care we have developed and share a depth of expertise in:
•Health workforce and systems strengthening
•Health worker training and performance
•Maternal, newborn and child health
•Family planning and reproductive health
•HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis prevention, treatment and care
•Malaria prevention and treatment
Founded in 1979 as the Intrah program at the University of North Carolina School of Medicine, IntraHealth incorporated as an independent nonprofit organization in 2003. We have worked in more than 75 countries throughout our history, and currently have programs in over 30 countries in Africa, the Americas, Asia, and Eurasia. Our work is funded by the US Agency for International Development (USAID), the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the David and Lucile Packard Foundation, the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, Pfizer, Inc., the Tides Foundation, and by individual contributors.
IntraHealth’s main office is in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. We also have offices in Washington, DC, Armenia, Ethiopia, Guatemala, India, Kenya, Lesotho, Mali, Namibia, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Southern Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia.
More Jobs from this Organization