Requisition ID: req1764
Job Title: Human Resources Coordinator
Sector: Human Resources
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
More than 600,000 people have crossed the border from Myanmar to Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh since 25 August, and that number is still growing. The new arrivals arriving in Bangladesh are in urgent need of emergency shelter, food, access to clean water and sanitation, healthcare, protection and mental health support. Unaccompanied and separated children have been identified across all sites where people are settling. With the blockage of aid agencies into Rakhine State by the Myanmar government, and reports of ongoing violence against communities, hundreds of thousands of people have fled Myanmar for Bangladesh. Communities in Cox’s Bazar have rapidly and generously responded, along with local, national and international non-government organisations. While these organisations are highly skilled and experienced, the scale of the influx is overwhelming, and the complexities of this emergency are unlike those previously known in Bangladesh.
Recognising the need for urgent technical advisory support the IRC has deployed a team of specialists to reinforce actors delivering lifesaving responses with partners and is preparing to expand to directly delivered programming upon registration.
Scope of the mission:
The Human Resource (HR) Coordinator will lead the recruitment with managers and local partners for immediate programme delivery as well as supporting preparations for scale-up of two Bangladesh offices (Dhaka and Cox’s Bazar). The HR Coordinator’s responsibilities include employee policy development and implementation, advising senior management on performance related issues, leading the HR/Admin team, workforce planning, benefits administration, training and development, and administrative services.
HR strategy and objectives:
* Linking HR key objectives and priorities to country strategic objectives; coordinating HR practices and priorities across the country program in order to provide and reinforce the recruitment and ongoing development of a competent and efficient workforce.
HR support to senior management:
* Advising senior management regarding legal and staff management issues; participating in discussions about structure and organizational development and change; supporting recruitment of senior positions.
HR planning and monitoring:
* Reinforcing HR reporting and planning; developing HR key performance indicators in order to develop an informed and accountable HR management.
* Reviewing and ensuring compliance to HR policies and procedures; coordinating the development of policies, handbooks and supporting their implementation and dissemination.
Training & Outreach:
* Leading and developing the IRC Bangladesh Human Resources efforts by ensuring staff understand and apply HR best practices and IRC policy, and engaging staff to foster and implement a creative and productive workplace that actively promotes learning and staff development.
* Building HR management capacities to ensure qualified and trained Human Resources staff across IRC Bangladesh as well as efficient and performing HR department delivering timely and accurate services; managing Human Resources staff in Bangladesh.
Technical Management & Systems:
* Ensuring efficiency & effectiveness of human resource and administrative management systems that support the design and implementation of quality programming without compromising compliance.
Compensation & Benefits:
* Ensuring an attractive and competitive compensation and benefits package is maintained; developing specific program to attract and retain high performing senior national managers.
* With the guidance of Human Resources at Headquarters, overseeing the implementation of the staff development policy, programs and tools and link with orientation and performance management plan.
HR tools and practices:
* Ensuring standardization and use of best practices across IRC Bangladesh management teams; coordinating the use of salary software and Global HRIS (Workday) in Bangladesh.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Head of Mission
Position directly supervises: 1 HR Officer, potentially will expand
Indirect Reporting: Regional HR Partner, Asia Region
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Will coordinate with the following program coordinator/managers: WPE, Health, Operation, Supply Chain, Finance and other sectors as program expands.
External: Will coordinate with the following HQ Depts: HR, Finance, Asia Program and other departments as assigned
* Minimum 7+ years of progressive HR professional experience with a minimum of 3 as the head of the HR function. Master’s degree in related field is desirable.
* Demonstrated success as an HR generalist supporting employee groups in multiple locations within the region.
* Strong managerial skills and ability to motivate and inspire teams to achieve superior standard in all aspects of human resource management.
* Previous experience in conflict and/or post conflict environments, with the UN and/or NGOs preferred;
* Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and computerized payroll systems;
* Resilience, record of performance in high-pressure work environments and ability to problem solve without immediate supervision.
* Experience working in a multicultural environment
* Must demonstrate flexibility, and ability to readily adapt to changing requirements and environments;
* Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, and training and development
* Excellent English oral and written skills
* Willing to travel to Cox’s Bazar
Functional skills and knowledge:
* Works collaboratively with team members to achieve results
* Relates and works well with people of different cultures, gender and backgrounds
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Prepared to seek advice and guidance from HR Dept
* Good time management skills and flexibility to continuously re-prioritize
* Ability to multi-task
* Abiltiy to learn Application Management Systems
* Excellent understanding and prior experience of using MS Office
* Prior experience of preparing/disseminating payroll
* Excellent coordination and multi-tasking skills
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.