Short-term Armenian Human Resources Expert
Support for Civil Aviation Committee (CAC) Activity in Armenia
International Development Group LLC (IDG) is an international development consulting firm that assists donors, governments, and the private sector to achieve sustainable, broad-based economic development and poverty reduction. International Development Group LLC is seeking qualified Armenian candidates for a short-term role as a Human Resources (HR) Expert for the upcoming Support for Civil Aviation Committee (CAC) activity in Armenia. This activity is a Buy-In from USAID Armenia to USAID’s Economic Development, Governance, and Enterprise Growth (EDGE) project, implemented by IDG.
The purpose of the Support to Civil Aviation Committee (CAC) buy-in activity is to develop the capacity of CAC to effectively implement its core responsibilities in line with national and international requirements. It is essential that CAC staff are equipped to fulfil their core responsibilities so the committee can effectively function as mandated by the law. An appropriate legal framework as well as policies and procedures for the implementation of these responsibilities must be in place, along with a clear description of CAC staff’s functions and duties.
This position is short-term and part-time and allocated for Armenian nationals. The level of effort of the expert will be approximately 75% time for up to six months.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The Armenian HR Expert will be responsible for the following tasks:
· Review of existing HR policies and proceduresrelative to recruitment and onboarding, performance management, compensation administration, employee relations, and terminations. The analysis should include a review of key personnel and job descriptions, as well as career development options including career ladders and career pathing.
· Prepare an audit of the current Performance Management System including performance management tools, and current policies and procedures. Propose an effective personnel management system which will address strengths and/or weaknesses and make recommendations for change.
· Conduct a skills inventory of current HR staff and provide specific recommendations for improvement and provide individual capacity building across all HR functions which include recruitment and onboarding, performance management, training and development, compensation administration, employee relations, retention, and compliance with all local labor laws
· Recommend a human resource information system which will include applicant tracking, performance management, personnel changes (promotions, transfers, terminations), and payroll data (if applicable) to inform evidence-based decision-making on effective planning, deployment, development, retention, and support of CAC personnel.
· Master’s degree in human resources, business administration, social sciences, psychology, organizational development, public administration, finance, international development, or related field.
· Overall experience of 15 years in personnel development and human resource management.
· Experience working in the government sector preferred, but not required.
· Experience in working with other donor-funded projects preferred, but not required.
· Strong knowledge of generally accepted HR and personnel management practices and procedures.
· Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to solve complex problems.
· Ability to write, communicate, and prepare financial and procurement-related documents clearly in English.
· Fluency in English and Armenian is required.