Cardno is currently seeking a qualified Human Resources for Health (HRH) Expert for the upcoming USAID Liberia Health Systems Strengthening (LHSS) activity. The project’s goal is to strengthen the Liberian health system through improving leadership and accountability for results in public and private health sectors at both national and local levels. The success of project activities will result in the following achievements: Improved leadership and accountability for results at each level of the health sector; Increased availability and improved management of key health systems resources; Strengthened community systems for quality health services.
The HRH Expert will prove technical leadership and coordination of human resources strengthening activities in the such areas as: implementation and monitoring of a Human Resource Information System (HRIS), workforce planning, HRH policy development and costing, HRH strategy development and costing, workforce assessments, workforce attraction and retention, productivity, incentive systems for retention and performance, pay for performance, supportive supervision, performance needs assessments and performance improvement systems.
This position will be based in Monrovia and is contingent upon contract award to Cardno.
- Provide and facilitate technical support to HRH activities by contributing input on technical deliverables, undertaking technical assignments, reviewing scopes of work, and ensuring that staff apply good HRH technical practices
- Promote staff development through coaching, mentoring, and facilitating professional growth opportunities
- Develop effective and collaborative working relationships with key clients, including USAID technical staff, strategic partners, and stakeholders, and continually promote outstanding client service and technical leadership
- Support the MOH to organize a dialogue session of stakeholders that included government officials, academic institutions, FBOs, Health Training Institutes and senior MOH managers to resolve on key strategies to address key HRH issues affecting the supply, management and retention of HRH in the country.
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Public Health, Human Resource Management, Business, Administration, or another related field
- At least seven years of work experience in public health and development with a focus on Human Resources and Human Resources for Health activities, preferably in Africa
- Proven track record of technical input in the area of HRIS and integration into other systems like Payroll and HMIS will be an added advantage. Previous experience in program management and monitoring and evaluation activities
- Strong inter-personal and public relations skills
- Demonstrated experience in working with non-governmental organizations, governmental and civil society organizations
- Liberia nationals are strongly encouraged to apply
- Fluency in English.
About the Organization
Cardno has a 50-year history of working in partnership with developing countries to deliver solutions for sustainable development. Through the expertise of professionals operating in more than 100 countries, we investigate the causes of poverty and focus on improving the physical, economic and social infrastructure that sustains communities.