Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact. The firm is headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: health, finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, and evaluation and learning.
Banyan Global is recruiting for an HRH Specialist for a USAID-funded health workforce management project in Nigeria. The position is full-time and based in Abuja with travel to Bauchi, Sokoto, Kebbi, and Ebonyi States and other parts of the Federal Capital Territory.
- Maintain familiarity with the published literature on evidence-based recommendations for the improved retention of healthcare workers in remote and rural areas, and apply that knowledge in the design of project activities;
- Lead the design and implementation of studies, assessments, and knowledge-generation activities designed to identify specific interventions that are applicable to the target states, as well as the affordability and sustainability of these interventions;
- Lead the design and implementation of rural retention strategies that will respond to the healthcare worker shortage in target states, including governance and policy initiatives;
- Provide inputs into the effective use of HRIS systems to maximize the use of data to track retention, and assess the effectiveness of initiatives designed to improve retention;
- Ensure close collaboration and networking with the Government of Nigeria, state governments, the private sector, and civil society regarding retention issues.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in public health, health systems, health policy and planning, or other related field; post-graduate degree preferred.
- Experience designing and leading studies and assessments related to human resources for health or health systems strengthening.
- Experience designing and implementing activities focused on improving the quality of the health workforce, and preferably focused on improving healthcare worker retention.
- Familiarity with ongoing Government of Nigeria efforts aimed at addressing the HRH crisis in the country.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communications skills in English; and ability to work well on a team.
Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer. Please apply to the position through our website, https://banyanglobal.com/careers/
About the Organization
Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: finance and investment, health, gender, youth, enterprise development, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E).