Background Information - IPAS
Based in Copenhagen, Denmark, the UNOPS Integrated Practice Advice and Support (IPAS) serves all the regions and headquarters, primarily with advice and solutions to everyday implementation challenges. IPAS consists of a diverse team of subject matter experts in the six practice areas of HR, Administration, Legal, Finance, Procurement, Project Management and Infrastructure. IPAS has three main roles:
Support to operations in the field offices: IPAS provides timely advice and supports actively finding of solutions to everyday implementation challenges, based on policy and best practices. It also provides operational support in specific areas.
Business efficiency: IPAS recommends changes to policies, processes and operating standards based on the feedback and experience of the field offices. IPAS also ensures transparent and efficient project implementation, in line with policy and business needs.
Body of knowledge: IPAS contributes to research and coordination within the policy groups and project practitioners. It provides structured knowledge and subject matter expertise which is used across practice areas to provide coherent and tailored advice to the requesting offices.
Background Information - Job-Specific
IPAS HR is a team of 10 colleagues (and 11 different nationalities) offering a 6 months (extendable maximum up to 12 consecutive months, subject to satisfactory performance and funds availability), full-time and hands-on paid internship. The Human Resources Intern will be responsible for providing support in the area of recruitment & HR advisory services, and will be involved in both operational and strategic work. The HR Intern will be entrusted with projects that s/he will be able to manage independently and will get a privileged exposure to global HR operations in a UN organization.
The HR Intern will work under the guidance of the IPAS HR Business Partner and in close collaboration with all team members within the IPAS HR team to support their work and ensure consistent service delivery.
We are looking for candidates from all around the world who are passionate about HR and data analytics and able to relocate to Copenhagen (Denmark) to join our team.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Recruitment and data analysis
- Support to Innovation projects
- Knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1. Provides support to recruitment and data analysis, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Support to outreach efforts
- Participation in interview panels
- Maintenance and improvement of a recruitment dashboard in Google data studio
- Design and analysis of various surveys (on candidate experience, onboarding, etc.)
2. Ensures efficient support to Innovation projects, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Research on various HR topics (talent attraction, best practices in recruitment, etc.)
- Enhancement of existing business processes
- Contribution to various innovation projects
3. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing and contribution to product/process efficiency, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Contributions to knowledge management projects
- Provide suggestions for policy improvements
- Support process efficiency initiatives
- Provide input to the development and maintenance of corporate systems and tools
- Completion of secondary / high school or equivalent is required.
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in, or have recently completed (within three years prior to the application date of the internship) a Bachelor/Master’s/Ph.D. Degree in a relevant area, preferably in HR, Psychology, Communications or Business Administration.
- Completion of an Advanced University Degree in the relevant areas is a strong asset.
- Experience in an international environment, in HR, Communications and Change Management would be a strong asset.
- Excellent English writing skills are required (native speaker preferred).
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (Google Suite/Workspace OR Microsoft Office) and experience in handling web-based systems is required.
- Experience with data analysis and project implementation would be a strong asset.
- Fluency in written and oral English is required (at the native speaker level).
- Knowledge of the second UN working language is highly desirable.
Contract type, level and duration
- Contract type: Internship
- Contract level: Internship
- Contract duration: 6 months, with possibility of extension maximum up to 12 consecutive months; subject to satisfactory performance and available budget
This internship is not designed to lead to a staff position with UNOPS. Therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of the internship.
Interns may be eligible for a monthly stipend from UNOPS provided that they do not receive funds from other institutions. Further, UNOPS may provide a one-time travel lumpsum of 300, 500, or 800 USD (depending on the location at the moment of recruitment). However, they must make their own arrangements for accommodation, travel, and necessary visa arrangements.
For more details about UNOPS internships please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- For retainer contracts, you must complete a few Mandatory Courses (around 4 hours) in your own time, before providing services to UNOPS.
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns.
Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
About the Organization
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.