The Intern for Human Relations will work with the Land O’Lakes Venture37 (V37) team based in both Arden Hills and Washington DC. This intern will learn how to take skills s/he may have acquired in school related to his or her particular areas of interest and apply them in a professional setting. S/he will directly assist the team with the tasks below including contributing to special projects as assigned. This opportunity will provide valuable experience and skills in International HR and also have opportunities to network with the programs, finance and corporate HR staff while being supported by the team. The Intern will be based in Arden Hills, MN.
Position Summary and Primary Responsibilities:
On-boarding Process Improvement: (50%)
- Be responsible for tailoring the Land O’Lakes corporate on boarding module to the international context for our HRIS (Workday) in coordination with the HRSC team;
- Create an/or update guidance, tools and forms to on-board the international employee and ensure access to all International staff;
- Identify and recommend process improvements to on-boarding international staff from both the HQ and field perspectives;
- Create/provide guidance and training to managers on the new HRIS on-boarding process and module.
- Edit and post job descriptions to internal and external sites;
- Provide support in reviewing and shortlisting candidates for open positions;
- Coordinate and participate when needed in interviews;
- Conduct thorough reference checks for selected candidates;
- Maintain compliant recruitment documentation for each candidate
Systems Improvement Project (20%)
- Review of HR manuals, tools and forms and complete necessary updates.
- Evaluate HR SharePoint (DevLink) sites, recommend improvements and complete any restructure;
- Oversee and complete HR shared drive and SharePoint consolidation project
General Responsibilities: (10%)
- Review of Venture37 HR policies and processes and make recommendations for amendments
- Assist with Chief of Party Orientation Week and other special projects as assigned
Reporting & Supervision:
The Intern will report to the HR Director
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Human Relations, International Human Relations, International Development, International Studies, or other relevant field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic HR recruiting methods
- Demonstrated leadership, ethics, and sound judgment, both independently and as part of a team.
- Interest in International Development or International Business
- Ability to work independently, maintain maturity and patience, interpret and implement company policy, and adjust quickly to change in fast-paced, multicultural team environment.
- Very solid skills and experience with MS Office Products with the ability to learn additional software packages.
- Excellent organizational skills with an emphasis on attention to detail and accurate recordkeeping.
- Strong collaboration and facilitation skills to establish and maintain good working relationships with global colleagues and partners in multi-country and multi-language settings.
- Excellent English language writing skills.
About the Organization
Since 1981, Land O’Lakes Venture37 has applied an integrated approach to international economic development that capitalizes on Land O'Lakes, Inc.'s nearly 100 years as a leading farm-to-market agribusiness. We use our practical experience and in-depth knowledge to facilitate market-driven business solutions that generate economic growth, improve health and nutrition, and alleviate poverty. We believe in the value of people and ensuring our work is rooted in honesty, integrity and respect.
As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, our vision is to be a global leader in transforming lives by engaging in agriculture and enterprise partnerships that replace poverty with prosperity, and dependency with self-reliance. Since our inception, we have implemented nearly 300 programs and training initiatives in over 80 countries, which have enabled farmers and agribusinesses to become more profitable and to leverage economies of scale through well-functioning cooperatives and producer groups.