The Human Resources Manager (HRM) will be responsible for managing all IDG’s HR related functions. These include recruitment and onboarding, performance management, employee relations, compensation administration, benefits administration, training and development and policy implementation and compliance. The HR manager will ensure that IDG remains in compliance with all applicable federal and local labor laws for home office as well as overseas employees. This position will report to the Director of Corporate Services.
- Enhances the organization’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
- Maintains the organizational work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions in collaboration with the Sr. Recruiter.
- Supervises the annual process of performance goal setting and performance evaluation for all employees.
- Works in collaboration with the Sr. Recruiter to manage company processes for recruiting, hiring, and onboarding personnel.
- Works in collaboration with the Sr. Recruiter to manage the employee and consultant onboarding processes. Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Develops and maintains a salary wage structure by conducting periodic pay surveys and contributing to the company compensation policies.
- Investigates and resolves employee grievances through informal and formal mechanisms, involving the appropriate level of company management in consultations and decision-making.
- Manages and implements employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; overseeing enrollment of employees in benefit programs; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; facilitating award of benefit contracts; and designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs. Assists with determination of benefits programs for overseas local employees.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal, state and contractual requirements, conducting investigations, maintaining records, and representing the organization at hearings.
- Assists in setting HR policies for each project field office, taking into consideration local labor law and HR requirements and practices.
- Enforces management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Retains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system and keeping past and current records.
- Cultivates professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Manages additional human resource staff as needed by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other assigned duties and responsibilities as needed.
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, or master’s preferred
- 5+ years of experience in progressively responsible human resource roles
- 3+ years of experience in Employee Relations
- Experience strongly preferred working for a US government contractor or NGO implementing US government programs, particularly for USAID or other agencies supporting overseas programs.
- Experience preferred in performance management; benefits administration; compensation and wage structure; supporting diversity; classifying employees; employment law; and sexual harassment policies and procedures.
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred
About the Organization
International Development Group LLC (IDG) assists donors, governments, and the private sector to achieve sustainable, broad-based economic development and poverty reduction. IDG provides entrepreneurs and policymakers with the practical tools needed to make a real and measurable impact for their communities and their countries. IDG builds the capacity of individuals and institutions in the public, private, and not-for-profit sectors, fostering synergies between local knowledge and international experience.