The QED Group is seeking a Human Resources Manager for a USAID Ethiopia Health Information Systems (HIS) project to support USAID/Ethiopia
in providing technical assistance and other services for the implementation of the Electronic Health Information Systems (eHIS) Activity to support the Government of Ethiopia (GOE) to improve the quality of health service and create a sustainable health care system through use of data for decision making and for providing similar services and deliverables to other countries in Africa or to respond to a crisis in Ethiopia. It will be based in Addis Ababa.
- Support HR processes throughout the Project; manage strategic and/or specialized information related to Human Resources.
- Manage all HR related operations and ensure compliance with home office HR policies and standard procedures.
- Conduct recruiting for potential new hires and consultants in Ethiopia.
- Responsible for preparing vacancy announcements, screening and interviewing job applicants, negotiating biodatas, referring qualified applicants to supervisors, and drafting long and short-term agreements.
- Oversee the project’s payment system and provision of benefits.
- Organize and file all information and supporting documents pertaining to the implementation of the project as requested.
- A Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Preferred) in human resources, business, health administration, or a related field;
- Minimum of eight (8) years of professional experience working in a developing country context on the design and implementation of human resources for health programming;
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience overseeing the performance of others;
- Ability to work independently, to be able to accept and discharge substantial responsibilities, to prioritize work assignments, to meet deadlines, and to exercise professional judgment.
- Strong computer skills, including advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, email, the Internet and Microsoft Windows applications.
Strong management skills and excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated technical expertise and experience in planning and implementation of human resources for a health strategy, including recruitment, retention, distribution, and quality assurance and experience with programs on universal health coverage;
- A demonstrated successful track record of improving human resources management in partner institutions;
- S/he should have the proven capacity to lead innovative health workforce recruitment, health workforce quality assurance, and retention efforts, including overseeing development and scale-up of sustainable equity-focused and gender-responsive human resource strategies;
- Excellent English skills, knowledge of Amharic is a plus.
About the Organization
QED Group is a global consulting company with 20 years of experience providing data-driven, insightful solutions for international development, defense, and diplomacy. We never lose focus on how an organization uses its resources to make better decisions, improve performance, change behavior, and manage adaptively. We are passionate about evidence-based decision making and are working to improve the quality and use of data through the implementation of smart measurement and evaluation strategies, organizational learning, the appropriate use of technologies and innovation, and the promotion of increased capacity in data visualization.