Position: Human Resources Manager for Surge Roster (FILIPINO NATIONALS only)
Location: Various Locations
Reports to: Country Director, Philippines
In the Philippines, RI has delivered a wide spectrum of humanitarian assistance and development programming. including institutionalizing improved Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) services with local government, responding to natural disasters through food and NFI distribution, and building the capacity of local government to improve Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) preparedness.
Relief International Philippines is looking for HR Manager to join its emergency surge roster, who will be deployed to manage human resources in RI’s future emergency responses. The position is subject to project award and funding.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Ensure rapid recruitment of all support staff is conducted efficiently and in compliance with RI’s policies and national labor law.
- Ensure a transparent, timely and efficient recruitment process.
- In consultation with the HR & Admin Officer, determine salaries for selected candidates and prepare employment offer.
- Ensure pre-employment requirements are submitted and personnel file with documentation according to HR checklist is opened for new staff on a timely basis.
- Ensure that all staff have undergone orientation.
- Ensure the consistent implementation of HR and administration policies and procedures across the country program.
Compensation and benefits
- Ensure the timely and efficient payroll preparation for accurate data on donor code, number of days, benefits.
- Ensure the proper and accurate tracking of leave.
- Assist in the periodic salary review and analysis, and review and revision of new salary structure, as appropriate.
- Ensure the timely processing of new contracts, contract extension, staff transfer, promotions and other change of status.
- Manage processes related to disciplinary actions, staff separation, and termination.
- Respond to employee related queries and provide services to all HR related inquiries and requests.
- Keep Personnel Manual updated and constantly communicate it, along with other HR policies to staff.
- Make sure that employees’ files are auditable at all times as per RI standards and any relevant donors’ requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Educated to degree level, with professional qualification in HR.
- At least 5 years continuous practice in a similar position, with at least 1 year in an HR supervisory/management position.
- Experience of developing and implementing HR policies, procedures and systems.
- The candidate needs to have strong knowledge of Turkish labor law
- Direct experience of organizing large scale recruitment.
- INGO experience is strongly preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and deal with competing demands.
- Previous experience of staff supervision and capacity building.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- A team builder with excellent people skills; culturally sensitive and has the ability and interest to identify and work with a multicultural team.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
About the Organization
Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in 18 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Relief International includes the four corporate members of the RI Alliance: RI-US, RI-UK, MRCA/RIFrance and RI-Europe. Under our alliance agreement, we operate as a single, shared management structure.