The Human Resources Officer position will be based in Bamako, Mali and will report to the Administration and Finance Director.
· Proactive management of the staffing function to ensure all HR issues receive prompt and adequate attention of the FHI 360 management especially matters pertaining to recruitment, retention, deployment, welfare, health, safety and security needs and other issues that impact on productivity.
· Coordinating new staff orientation and also ensuring all staff (new and existing) received either proactively or upon request, adequate guidance, counseling, coaching and also support to develop healthy mentoring relationships designed to ensure a conducive work environment for all staff and partners.
· Providing support to Line managers in ensuring adequate HR standards relating to planning, recruitment, induction, supervision, evaluation and discipline, are in place and observed all the times. Monitoring hiring process [recruitment file]- position description JD, draft vacancy announcement, shortlist done by supervisor, interview panel, interview report, recommended candidate, bio-data, references, offer letter and contracts.
· Overall management and administration of all staff salaries and benefits including payroll administration, staff health and scheme, (all staff pending issues to be handled promptly,
· To coordinate the process of new job requests, advertising vacancies, planning and executing interviews, obtaining references and preparing draft contracts for signature. (check if the position is advertised,
· To maintain and regularly update records for all staff including contracts, CVs, references, staff bio data, dependents list, salary progression, holidays, time sheets, absence etc.
· Support managers in planning and executing performance based management including agreeing job scope and objectives, regular performance reviews and development plans
· Liaise with FHI legal counsel, the labor and other government department to ensure adequate and full compliance with all statutory requirements
· Provide regular update of HR policies manual ensuring this reflects FHI practice and local legislation
· Any other tasks may be assigned by Line manager
· Education up to University level in relevant discipline (HR, Psychology, Business Management, Law, sociology)
· Excellent knowledge of the Malian legal environment relating to labor law and contracts.
· Excellent multilingual skills (English and French).
· Minimum of 5 years overall practical experience.
· Good interpersonal, organized, mature individual capable of securing the respect of all staff.
· Technology to be Used: Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, Workday HRMS and talent management and applicant systems.
You must currently have legal authorization to work in Mali.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.